Exhaust Comparison

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
BlueMoon, ChevyFazer and I went for a ride this afternoon. I got some clips of ChevyFazers bad ass machine gun exhaust, when BlueMood had a great idea - compare the sounds of all 3. My bike is stock, BlueMoon's has Leo Vince and ChevyFazer's is, well, his. Here are video clips of all 3 bikes at idle, reving, take-off and a flyby.

For you're viewing pleasure...

Here is a clip of my bike - completely stock 2006 FZ6

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-YBv15VE_0]EddiesStockFZ6Exhaust.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

BlueMoon's 2004 FZ6 with Leo Vince exhaust

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcrxGPOw4Mo]BlueMoon2004FZ6LeoVinceExhaust.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

ChevyFazer's 2004 FZ6 with his own Machine Gun exhaust

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnDANf3_USc]ChevyFazer2004FZ7MachineGunExhaust.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, thank you for the videos! I like ChevyFazer's sound but is it as loud as it seems in the video? Also is the LV video with or without the DB killers?

Lastly, is that the popo in the leo vince video at the bottom of the road?

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh ChevyFazer's Machine Gun exhaust is LOOOUUUDDD!!!!!! :bow:

Leo Vince is without db killers but I probably didn't do justice in cranking, almost felt guilty revving it up (you can see the owner of the convenience store giving us a dirty look from the window).... however, it should be noted that the Machine Gun Exhaust is definitely louder...

And yes, that might be a little poopoo from Leo Vince at the end :(..

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh ChevyFazer's Machine Gun exhaust is LOOOUUUDDD!!!!!! :bow:

Leo Vince is without db killers but I probably didn't do justice in cranking, almost felt guilty revving it up (you can see the owner of the convenience store giving us a dirty look from the window).... however, it should be noted that the Machine Gun Exhaust is definitely louder...

And yes, that might be a little poopoo from Leo Vince at the end :(..

I think you mean the little backfires, I'm talking about the white car at the bottom of the hill to the right, is it the police?

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO there really is no mechanical advantage to having a custom exhaust. I have Scorpions on my bike, my fiance's bike is bone stock. She still loves her bike and when I ride hers I feel no performance difference. It really boils down to what you want. I feel it is all about the sound and not about performance. I see all the articles and opinions on who makes the best exhaust and see the torque curve and hp curve charts and they mean nothing. Buy what you think suits you the best or buy nothing at all, it really doesn't matter.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
For me it wasnt about a power increase because i already had a gutted exhaust it was about looks and money, i have less than $100 in it vs spending about $700 for a system that i think looks good, so i made my own, took about 2 weeks but i think it was time well spent. And yes it is VERY LOUD but i love loud. Also im watching from a cell phone wich does the sound no justice in person when im on the throttle it has a good deep tone to it but when i back off it has that tinny sound but i will say to my surprise it doesnt pop or backfire all that much. I have litteraly cut the muffler off of every vehicle ive ever owned from brand new to used and either made my own "muffler" or just straight piped it because i love the sound of a wide open exhaust, if i could run straight headers without cause mechanical and legal problems i would.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO there really is no mechanical advantage to having a custom exhaust. I have Scorpions on my bike, my fiance's bike is bone stock. She still loves her bike and when I ride hers I feel no performance difference. It really boils down to what you want. I feel it is all about the sound and not about performance. I see all the articles and opinions on who makes the best exhaust and see the torque curve and hp curve charts and they mean nothing. Buy what you think suits you the best or buy nothing at all, it really doesn't matter.

for an AM exhaust to give you more power the fuel mapping has to be changed to accommodate the increase in flow. the only other advantages are weight and sound. im still trying to find a way to hide some AM cans under the stock heat shield:BLAA:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
for an AM exhaust to give you more power the fuel mapping has to be changed to accommodate the increase in flow. the only other advantages are weight and sound. im still trying to find a way to hide some AM cans under the stock heat shield:BLAA:

To get the most power a fuel map has to be added but am exhaust will give the bike more power reguardless, almost all am exhaust. but for what you are wanting to do they make a ghost exhaust kit for the fz6 i think its gp performance but it still uses the stock shield or just gut your muffler

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW....the ChevyFazer pipes sounded GLORIOUS! Loved the flyby shot, they sounded so good!

I do however think that for my everyday use, I would probably not be happy with how loud they are. I am glad I heard the Leo's because that is the sound I am going for.

Great videos guys!

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
im still trying to find a way to hide some AM cans under the stock heat shield:BLAA:

for what you are wanting to do they make a ghost exhaust kit for the fz6 i think its gp performance but it still uses the stock shield or just gut your muffler

It's the G.P.R. Ghost exhaust you're referring too.

Here's a link to an eBay listing for the exhaust. (but they are really expensive :eek:)

Grtz,

Degake