Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why? Because the fz1-forum.com isn't as nice as the fz6-forum :eek:
Theres a much nicer attitude here :thumbup:

And the fz1 is awesome :Flip:

Though I stil hate that I crashed my fz6, im bonding with the fz1 pretty good.
all I need now is all of you to get one too :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Pleased to hear you're still enjoying the FZ1 Tim :thumbup:

I'm still happy with my FZ6, and although it doesn't tick all the boxes it still ticks most of them :rockon:.

The Fz1-Forum is a bit younger than the FZ6 forum so it's probably just a matter of time.

Of course everyone is welcome to visit us here :thumbup:.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i kinda wish we had a section that linked up all the boards such as the general motorcycle forums and local scene would be the same accross all the boards and would link all together.... dunno how it would work, but it would be kinda cool

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You're not taking about our sister site are you?

FZ1 Forum Community

Agreed on the FZ1!...I love mine. I still can't think about giving up the FZ6 though. I am emotionally attached.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1-Forum site is the same as here... great folks, great management and great attitudes. I will admit it is young and growing, but it is also a bit more mature audience thus the humor is less and technical is more prevalent.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1-Forum site is the same as here... great folks, great management and great attitudes. I will admit it is young and growing, but it is also a bit more mature audience thus the humor is less and technical is more prevalent.

This is true...unless you start "hanging" with the right or should I say wrong crowd! Either way...love them both!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
You're not taking about our sister site are you?

FZ1 Forum Community

Agreed on the FZ1!...I love mine. I still can't think about giving up the FZ6 though. I am emotionally attached.

I am pretty sure any chilly reference to a FZ1 site would be this one. After spending some time there it quickly deterred me from wanting that bike. Too many egotistical aholes over there. I only wish I had found the fz1 sister forum here. No regrets though. It's all good

Yamaha FZ1 Owners Association (FZ1OA)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The average FZ1 owner:

bender.jpg

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well im only 24 myself.. but topics there tend to die off faster.
probably more members on this forum??

;) I think that is because they tend to stay mostly on topic and once the thread is answered, they move on. You are right about membership though. There are a substantial amount more members here thus threads tend to be a lot more colorful. We still are very young and pulling all the non-arseholes out of the other FZ1 site slowly but surely. We've had a few of THOSE show up and after berating them for their arrogance and sarcasm, they left of their own accord. Otherwise.... PERMABAN! (I love that word!) :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Are you saying your all a bunch of Ol' Farts over in the FZ1 forum??? :BLAA:

;) I think that is because they tend to stay mostly on topic and once the thread is answered, they move on. You are right about membership though. There are a substantial amount more members here thus threads tend to be a lot more colorful. We still are very young and pulling all the non-arseholes out of the other FZ1 site slowly but surely. We've had a few of THOSE show up and after berating them for their arrogance and sarcasm, they left of their own accord. Otherwise.... PERMABAN! (I love that word!) :rockon:

It's us Aussies, we cant stay on topic, and we rattle on for days about nothing much in particular, and normally in any thread we choose! :spank:

But we are a friendly bunch.

:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone should buy an FZ1?...What, another one?:eek::BLAA:.

Seriously though, I don't really have the time for more than one forum and I'd already settled in here so although I am a FZ1 forum member, I don't spend nearly as much time there.

I think this goes for a lot of people on the FZ1 forum. Not enough spare time....That's why they've gone and gotten the litre bike:BLAA:

It's still a good crew over there. They won't nuke you too bad for asking dumb questions (yes there is so such a thing...lol). As a matter of fact some of the members over there include FZ1inNH, Hellgate, Lytehouse, and others off of this site.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to spend equal time between here and the FZ1 site because, let's face it, this is the biggest, most popular and best run forum out there. But, with the FZ1 forum growing, I've had less and less time for posting here. We're going to continue to grow that site until it is also the biggest and best FZ1 forum availlable. It wasn't hard to knock out SBN for either the 6 or the 1, but for the 1, the FZ1 Owners Association has been around for a LONG time and it is hard to pull members away from there when we do not have the technical content that they offer on their site. We're getting closer all the time though.

Because of the content there, I still log in and search for technical answers but rarely ever post. Even when you find the threads you want, it takes a LONG time to wade through the useless drivel, sarcasm, bantering and off-topic posts to finally figure out what you need to know. Even then, you have to take notes because it changes along the way and the OP doesn't go back and summarize the technical question to include the total answer.

There are a lot of great folks over there at the OA but for each great one, I feel there are at least two others that could just please not post because they have zero to offer!!!

Sorry about the rant... I'm off the soapbox now.

To remain on topic, YES! You should all go buy an FZ1, migrate all at once to the FZ1-Forum and then it WILL be just like here. No GO GO GO! Make Yamaha scream like a little girl with the new sales! :D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you saying your all a bunch of Ol' Farts over in the FZ1 forum??? :BLAA:

It's us Aussies, we cant stay on topic, and we rattle on for days about nothing much in particular, and normally in any thread we choose! :spank:

But we are a friendly bunch.

:D

You could hand an Aussie a rock, then come back in 10 minutes and he would have found something to talk about with it.

:)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Send me some cash and I'll go buy one. ;)

What? A rock? You don't need to buy a rock. Just pick one up off the ground:thumbup::spank::spank::ban::D.

I too am a member at FZ1OA, but have never posted. I'm not sure that they are ready for me...lol.:eek::BLAA: