ever witness a rider that...

S

sportrider

makes you nervous? today as I was driving home from work, I came up on this older dude riding a Harley (it could've been any other bike, and still have been the same.) down the freeway at about 65MPH. as the freeway made a lazy right hander (I've gone through here many times in excess of 100MPH) I watched as he enter the "corner"(I use that loosely) he started off toward the inside of the turn, I watched him counterbalance the bike, he was completely straight arming it his body perfectly stiff and erect as the bike started to lean into the curve. I began to get nervous as I saw him drift across his lane and just as the freeway was straightening out he actually was on the dummy dots bike still leaned over. he looked scared as he looked over to the car he was about to drift into. as soon as he recovered and centered himself in the lane again, he changed lanes over to the slow lane and slowed down to under 55 MPH directly in front of a semi. I was thinking to my self OMG this guy is going to kill himself. as the semi slowed I moved over to basically use my truck as a shield for this dude to keep him from getting rear ended. after we merged onto the expressway I passed him, and looked over to see him really thinking how cool he was as he took a hand off the bars and put it on his hip. it amazes me how some people have survived for so long. I wonder if he was one of those have a midlife crisis and go by a bike dudes,(not that there's anything wrong with that)that refused to start with something that they could handle and insisted on buying a 750+lb motorcycle because of their pride. man, I hope the expressway doesn't get him, there has been three fatalities on it this week already.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, i have ridden behind a few of those guys, one guy chased me down after i passed him because he was all over the place and looked like he was going to fall over. After i passed him he nailed it and did his best to catch me at the next red light just to yell at me and ask "when did this become a two lane road".

I flipped him off and took off..

W

wrightme43

Yes I just hope they learn and go on. Its a shame people dont take things seriously that need to be, and take things that dont so seriously.

How to turn, thats important.
Getting passed, not real important.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i never pass without a passing zone and have no problem riding behind someone that wants to go slower than I but i felt like we would take me out if he went down so i felt justified in passing him... Oh well I hope he made it through the summer and will get better this summer.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
the other day an older guy on a "dresser" was riding right on my a**. I was doing about 40 in a 35mph zone, and he was up my butt in my lane (2 lane road). it made me nervous because i know if i had to stop i could do it quicker than him and just ahead was a railroad track, as i started to slow he got closer and closer to me to the point that i just throttled off and kinda "jumped" the tracks. i could have hurt myself because of this douche but luckily all turned out well.

Cliff notes: tailgate my car i'll hit the brakes, tailgate my bike and i'll be nervous as hell.

Khyren

Reaction score
Visit site
if I see someone get close while I'm on the bike, I roll into it 3 times before I completely ditch their ***. Had to do that on several occasions.

Khyren