East Side Till We Die (The Sydney & NSW Ride Thread)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah well. You win some, you lose some. I'm still planning to make it up to Lake Awoonga with bike and kayak at some point for a more substantial trip, but it'll be a while before that one happens.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Benji just sent me a whole heap of pics from our ride......you gonna post em Benji....

:rockon:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
If your heading armidale way then thunderbolts way (i think its called) has some nice roads although up through the mountains on the really steep and windy stuff the road is absolute rubbish. By this I mean that on every bend and corner, on the exact part of road you need to be to take the corner at any speed there is either - large potholes, rocks/debris, idiots in 4wd's on the wrong side of the road.
Out of the mountain its alot more fun and you can really open up, well if your feeling lucky.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
any sydney siders going for a ride tomorrow?
and can anyone confirm the road warriors cafe has reopened?

Last edited:

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
any sydney siders going for a ride tomorrow?
and can anyone confirm the road warriors cafe has reopened?

yes road warriors is re opened.
tho I dont particually enjoy rideing on HEAVILY policed roads with 60kmh speed limits, when it used to be 110... especially on weekends..

Plus, its to short.

Also tho. the Northen end of the Old Pac has been reopened with a glorious and confident inspiring hotmix all over it.
Gets alot of traffic tho.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Look's good to me,but I'll probably drop off around the "J" route marker & head home from there.

600rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone ever done the kings hwy (batemans bay to canberra)?

Yep, smooth surface, fast and long corners in some sections, but fun bits are rather short in length. Lots of traffic and highway patrol on the weekend, and slow trucks during the week.

A 12 hours day trip from Sydney is certainly doable. IMO Oxley Hwy is a much more rewarding run.