East Side Till We Die (The Sydney & NSW Ride Thread)

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
So..

Brisbane has one.
Even Adelaide has one.
Predictably, Melbourne will probably start one after seeing this one..

Welcome to the Sydney (and NSW) ride thread.
The place we organise, talk about, and by crickey, actually GO! on rides around Sydney and NSW.
We can also talk about other random crap that we deem important if need be.

Two rules tho.

No one crash.
No "emoticons".

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So..

Even Adelaide has one.
QUOTE]

Adelaide had the first, and still the biggest! Rock on croweaters!

But seriously, it's great to see another ride thread for another Australian state, started...

Now all we need is a few Sydney siders, "lurkers" and "non lurkers" to get involved....

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So..

Even Adelaide has one.
QUOTE]

Adelaide had the first, and still the biggest! Rock on croweaters!

But seriously, it's great to see another ride thread for another Australian state, started...

Now all we need is a few Sydney siders, "lurkers" and "non lurkers" to get involved....

Hey look! an Emoticon:eek:...lol. Aw carp now
I've done it too. (Aussie bikers aren't renowned for following rules...lol...shoulda called them guidelines...LMAO)

+1 glad to see another State ride thread and hopefully we'll be able to post up the first interstate one this weekend.

Cheers
Mike

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey look! an Emoticon:eek:...lol. Aw carp now
I've done it too. (Aussie bikers aren't renowned for following rules...lol...shoulda called them guidelines...LMAO)

+1 glad to see another State ride thread and hopefully we'll be able to post up the first interstate one this weekend.

Cheers
Mike

:rof: Oops theres another one :spank: and another....We are really bad at following rules aint we Mike.....Thought i'd take the liberty of being the first to mention alcohol aswell :D after all it was only a matter of time , rides go better with a Bundy stop in the middle :thumbup:.......

Seriously though , another +1 on a new Ride thread its great to see.....

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in! look forward to some descent group rides. I think there are lots of lurkers in Sydney!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rightio....here's a first....an SA fizzer posting a ride......As some of you know, Ozzieboy & Me are going to be in Sydney on the weekend! :rockon:

Well, on Monday, we are riding the Putty Road...Mke assures me that it rocks! :rockon:

So if any of you Sydney Siders wanna show us the way.....please feel free to join us... Got no idea where to meet, but we are staying in Parklea....

I reckon a good start time is 10am...gives us time for Breakfast before kick off!

Who's gonna join us SA boys?

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
I will!!

The best meeting point is the Caltex in Wilberforce. (is on the main road, cannot miss it).
Further up the main road is a BP, you guys choose.

The halfway house has recently burnt down, so their is no fuel halfway.

The next fuel after that is either Singo or Wollombi, well they are the the two I know of.
depending on what you wish to do. coming back via Wollombi-Mangrove Creek-Wisemans Ferry-Pitt Town is a good run.

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah, I forgot to add.

Given your at Parklea. I am just around the corner (kinda)

Is a direct run down Windsor road.
Depending on who else is coming I could meet you earlier..

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah, I forgot to add.

Given your at Parklea. I am just around the corner (kinda)

Is a direct run down Windsor road.
Depending on who else is coming I could meet you earlier..

Well we could all just meet where we are staying...The Gateway Holiday Park.....

Would love it to be more than just the 3 of us....Might have to try and get in contact with Amy, and see whether she is interested in a road ride on the monday....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whos Amy??

shes not an asian chick is she? and rides an Orange FZ6N?

Nope, AMY O'mara...the last owner & rider of my pink FZ6 Cup bike...she is racing in the Australian Superstock Cup at Eastern Creek this weekend.....

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we could all just meet where we are staying...The Gateway Holiday Park.....

Would love it to be more than just the 3 of us....Might have to try and get in contact with Amy, and see whether she is interested in a road ride on the monday....

Yup. We're staying just down Stanhope Parkway from Parklea Markets. Up Sunnyholt and left onto old Windsor, takes us straight there pretty much.

Wilberforce is just at the Start of Putty road? That gives us plenty of fuel to reach Singleton. (well it better anyway:eek:...lol)

How's the temperatures up in the Mountains? Wolfman was thinking of wearing his one piece but I reckon it might be a tad cool for comfort.

Be cool if we can meet up with anyone from Newcastle on the other end at Singleton for a coffee or two:rockon:.

Man I am so keen, I'm buzzing already...lol. I've done Putty runs in three different cars, from Valiants to Commodores to Toranas but never on a bike:eek::D :rockon: And I haven't been to Sydney for 15 or 16 years:eek:.

Gawd I'm getting old...lol.

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oi Jamie! Was just looking, and noticed that the nearest part of the QLD border is only 370 odd km away as the crow flies from Singleton....maybe we should head up there too...lol...we could then Hi jack Mr Humpy's thread:Flip:...lol

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oi Jamie! Was just looking, and noticed that the nearest part of the QLD border is only 370 odd km away as the crow flies from Singleton....maybe we should head up there too...lol...we could then Hi jack Mr Humpy's thread:Flip:...lol

Lol.....have been known to ride that far just for a laugh.....especially when in touring mode.....is there 370km's of Twisties, we can take to get there????