Dyno tune with CO adjustment Two Brothers

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Did a throttle body sync and ran the FZ6 on the dyno today with the Two Brothers exhaust. I am still running a stock airbox and air filter

Run 1 (stock tune) – 91.2hp @ 12056rpm

Run 3 (CO adjustment) – 94.7hp @ 12253rpm

3.5hp extra power to be had by using the CO adjustment.

Smooth idle at 1000rpm after sync

FZ6-ZN

SKMBT_C45108110515590.jpg

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
or are you using the elusive co adjustment in the stock computer that is \"locked\" here in the states?

Used the co adjustment in the stock computer, fortunately ours aren’t locked.

The service technician recommended I install an aftermarket airfilter.

adjusted the co's as the FZ6 was running very lean.

FZ6-ZN

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great stuff! Do you know whether if you have a PCIII on the bike, whether tuning the PCIII adjusts the CO2 as part of it's tuning process?

:thumbup:

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Great stuff! Do you know whether if you have a PCIII on the bike, whether tuning the PCIII adjusts the CO2 as part of it's tuning process?

:thumbup:
Not to sure, i guess adjustments to the co can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. My understanding is, no permanent changes are made to the bike’s system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings.

If you do not have a computer, you can change the fuel curve with the faceplate buttons. This is a simple adjustment, similar to the OEM adjustment. You can move the fuel curve richer or leaner in each area of the map

If you have a computer, you can upload alternate maps or make changes to the existing map using the Control Centre software and USB cable supplied with your PC.

FZ6-ZN

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Did a throttle body sync and ran the FZ6 on the dyno today with the Two Brothers exhaust. I am still running a stock airbox and air filter

Run 1 (stock tune) – 91.2hp @ 12056rpm

Run 3 (CO adjustment) – 94.7hp @ 12253rpm

3.5hp extra power to be had by using the CO adjustment.

Smooth idle at 1000rpm after sync

FZ6-ZN

CONGRATS! I did the same thing on my 06 FZ6 after I added the required wire to unlock the CO adjustment on my US-spec FZ.

Here's my results:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4809-dyno-tune-co-adjustment-leo-vince.html

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
how much adjustment did it require to get to your max power? I went up 24 clicks for my peak.

C1 = #1 and #4 @ +20
C2 = #2 and #3 @ +20

Factory was set at:

C1 @ -8
C2 @ -15

The Yamaha service technician i spoke to seems to think that the two inner cylinders should be set to run cooler :confused:

FZ6-ZN

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
C1 = #1 and #4 @ +20
C2 = #2 and #3 @ +20

Factory was set at:

C1 @ -8
C2 @ -15

The Yamaha service technician i spoke to seems to think that the two inner cylinders should be set to run cooler :confused:

FZ6-ZN

he's right. the inner cylinders will run much hotter due to be surrounded by other cylinders running as opposed to the outside cylinders only having a heat source on the inside. Keep the same interval (7 points apart on your bike -15 and -8) in my opinion to keep those inside cylinders cooler.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
I just gotten my Leo's with cat-replacement and will be getting some dyno time as well soon. But in the meanwhile i'll just go up +20 on the stock C1 and C2 settings.
I gues it wont do harm since +20/25 is what you guy's get on the dyno.
I'm running an european FZ6 but that won't make much difference on how much I need to go up, only on the stock/default settings will differ I gues.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So adding, or going + makes it run richer? I have scorpions and I think my bike is running just a little bit lean, since I got my plugs back after a change and they were white, didn't really have any tan on them, but didn't show any signs of being too hot. I'd like to richen it up just a little bit to get a little bit of tan on the plugs, to make me feel a little bit better. Just want to clarify.

kq6up

Reaction score
Visit site
I am no expert, but I don't think an extra 3.5 HP is worth the added wear and tear due to increased combustion chamber temperature.

Just my $.02

Chris KQ6UP

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am no expert, but I don't think an extra 3.5 HP is worth the added wear and tear due to increased combustion chamber temperature.

Just my $.02

Chris KQ6UP

Adding fuel will actually cool down the combustion chamber. Putting pipes on, making it a little lean, will make it hotter. After doing this, resetting the CO settings to adjust for the added air, will return the AF back to closer to stock, cooling it down, restoring the power lost from the lean condition.

Or, I'm full of crap.

snowmannn

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set of Scorpions for my FZ6 Fazer S2 2007. The guys at Scoprion claim that the exhausts are dyno tested with the exact bike model and should not require any reconfiguration in the bike's fuel system. Do you have any observations on this - true/false?

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I just ordered a set of Scorpions for my FZ6 Fazer S2 2007. The guys at Scoprion claim that the exhausts are dyno tested with the exact bike model and should not require any reconfiguration in the bike's fuel system. Do you have any observations on this - true/false?

we, in the business, call that a disclaimer.

that said, scorpions are tame enough you shouldn't need any adjustment.