Dyno tune with CO adjustment Leo Vince

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I'd love to post my dyno printout.... but the wife cleaned house since I've seen them.... and her reply to "where are my dyno sheets that were lying here" is "how should I know... I don't keep track of them"

Women.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The next and I think obvious question is, how has your fuel mileage been effected by this? I'm currently running the stock map with 2Bros exhaust and stock filter. I get between 47-55mpg depending on riding style.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ok, so from reading these posts i can decipher that the CO1 is cylinder 1 & 3 where as CO2 is 2 & 4, why would they be different settings? also, it seems like the links to the how to's are no longer available from the links in those threads, and reading through it looks like SBN went down at some point and lost a lot of the information.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
The next and I think obvious question is, how has your fuel mileage been effected by this? I'm currently running the stock map with 2Bros exhaust and stock filter. I get between 47-55mpg depending on riding style.

no change. my lowest ever was 40mpg riding 2up fully loaded with gear in a crazy strong headwind from Chicago to Muscatine, IA. The very next day without the wind but loaded the same we got 50mpg.
Usually I run about 45-47mpg which is what I got stock.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im a getting a k/n and already have somke scorpions pipes. Is the k/n air filter gonna do any good maybe some hp???

I hate to tell you this but no, the K&N will not make a positive impact on your HP.

Without starting a filter war the K&N will give you a bit more sound and the ability to clean and re-use the filter.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so from reading these posts i can decipher that the CO1 is cylinder 1 & 3 where as CO2 is 2 & 4, why would they be different settings? also, it seems like the links to the how to's are no longer available from the links in those threads, and reading through it looks like SBN went down at some point and lost a lot of the information.

batch-fired (not sequential) injectors?

also are you sure you dont mean 1-4 and 2-3? because I've seen carbed-bikes jetted differently (called "jet stagger") on the inner cylinders due to heat variation (inners are hotter so need different fueling).

Am I correct to assume the 2007+ FZ6 with O2 sensor does not have this feature?

Last edited:

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i used to get a little more with my stock pipes, but definetly worth the scorpions. Some times you have to sacrifice mileage for sound and good looks!!

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure but as far as i know, the 07 FZ6 has no O2 censor. In the air box that sensor in there is for intake temp. And again i think it's 1-4, 2-3, but i might be wrong (which happens often.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I'm not sure but as far as i know, the 07 FZ6 has no O2 censor. In the air box that sensor in there is for intake temp. And again i think it's 1-4, 2-3, but i might be wrong (which happens often.
04-06 has no O2 sensor but 07+ does.

oh... b.t.w. you are right spelling owns you!
"censor" then "sensor" five words apart. LOL

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so if I want to change this CO stuff on my 2007 FZ6 S2, can I do it without having to jump a wire and all that stuff? I mean directly through the buttons on the control panel underneath the speedometer?

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
if you do this on a 2007+, will the O2 sensor just correct it out? Or, does it adjust the setpoint (ie stoich. ratio) that the O2 sensor is trying to maintain?

Do you know if the O2 sensor on the 2007+ is a wideband or a narrowband sensor?

Has there been any issues with the CAT if running richer mapping (ie plugging)?

lilleman

Crash test Dummie
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so if I want to change this CO stuff on my 2007 FZ6 S2, can I do it without having to jump a wire and all that stuff? I mean directly through the buttons on the control panel underneath the speedometer?

On Swedish FZ6-06 press select and reset buttons at the same time and hold them down. Turn ignition on and you'll enter diagnose/co mode after a couple of seconds. scroll with select until Co mode appears. Enter Co mode by pressing the two buttons again. Enter C1 or C2 by pressing the buttons again increase or decrease values with select button and reset button.

Don't forget to make a note of factory values if you wanna go back to stock exhaust.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
COadjust.jpg

Here's a picture that outlines where the new ground wire goes. I used a flattened db9 pin to fit into the plastic plug and connect to the jumper that I grounded on the brake reservoir mount bolt.

Hope this helps.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
COadjust.jpg

Here's a picture that outlines where the new ground wire goes. I used a flattened db9 pin to fit into the plastic plug and connect to the jumper that I grounded on the brake reservoir mount bolt.

Hope this helps.

what do those tiny words say?