Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any feedback on these new tires?

High-Performance Dunlop Motorcycle Tires

I have now switched my decision once, and may switch it again. I used to run Stones on my old Ninja and loved them, but decided I was going to try out the Michelin Pilot 3's. Then after all the bad press following tire failures, I decided to go back to the stones and try the new BT-023. Now I am reading good things about the new Dunlops, and I do like the old Sportmax 252's I am running now despite the fact that they are almost totally worn out, so I may try these instead..

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
try them yourself and give us a review:D

what i ve figured out about dunlop is that their higher end products are as good as the competitors' best, its their lower end stuff that usually leaves something to be desired about grip. dunlop made in japan are usually crap. those made in england or europe are usually top notch.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Fair enough. I think I am still leaning towards the BT-023 at this point, but we will see. I can be swayed.

I like the current Dunlop 252's I have, but they are a bit squared off which sometimes caters to a little feeling of slip as I lean to enter a turn. Not sure if this has to do with the riding style of the previous owner, or if its just a product of the way the tire is made.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have the originals on my 08 FZ6 and have a set of the new ones in my garage waiting until my current's are used up. Will be able to comment, but not sure when that will be. If I remember I can put them side by side for looks comparison. I absolutely love the original's. Great traction and wear all around.

pt1979

Reaction score
Visit site
had the Roadsmart (I) on my FZ6, and heard that the Roadsmart II even tops the normal Roadsmart on every level.

Loved the Roadsmart!
Used it in the mountains, highway rides, rain, hot summer days, you name it - everywhere. Really good tire!
Got aroung 10000 km out of them until a nail in the back tire ended our journey. ;)

Got the Pirelli Diablo Strada's at the moment, also very good tire! :D

FZsixRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had them on my bike for 2 days. Have 150mi on them and I love them. I'm coming off pilot powers and the dunlops feel better. A bit tippy upon initial turn it but very solid once leaned over. Haven't tested them in rain yet.