Dominator headlights

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Got some parts in today and started in.

Flyncycle only had 43mm fork clamps in chrome so I had to go with those. I might paint or powdercoat them at a later date.

IMG_20120316_183221.jpg

IMG_20120316_183230.jpg

IMG_20120316_183319.jpg

It's a mess right now, and my old VS-2 kit still has parts installed. I'm still waiting on a few things in the mail and then I'm going to button things up.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been riding my bike with the dual headlights for about 3 weeks now and burned out one of those bulbs in the dominator headlights. I have it wired from the factory. Is this an indication I need to do the switching mod from moto-giro?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been riding my bike with the dual headlights for about 3 weeks now and burned out one of those bulbs in the dominator headlights. I have it wired from the factory. Is this an indication I need to do the switching mod from moto-giro?

Hmm.. what do you mean when you say "wired from factory"? Factory has low going to one side and high going to the other. I had BD43 wire and ran Dominator for quite a while without ever burning out a bulb (both on at same time, in both low and high mode).

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm.. what do you mean when you say "wired from factory"? Factory has low going to one side and high going to the other. I had BD43 wire and ran Dominator for quite a while without ever burning out a bulb (both on at same time, in both low and high mode).

Just plugged it into the factory harness without any modifications.

My lowbeam burned out on me the other day when I posted that. And today my highbeam burned out on the way into work.

Luckily it was light out already.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just plugged it into the factory harness without any modifications.

My lowbeam burned out on me the other day when I posted that. And today my highbeam burned out on the way into work.

Luckily it was light out already.

Can you post a picture of the connection? My Twin D came with a single in-line male plug.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys

Im really interested in doing this mod for my FZ6n

Im just confused to how you put indicators with this mod?

Most fork mounted brackets will have a spot for them. The brackets I used had (I think) and 18mm hole for your standard indicators.

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post a picture of the connection? My Twin D came with a single in-line male plug.

The dominator headlight set I bought came pre-wired where both H4 bulbs are wired in parallel to a single male H4 plug. I do have the BD43 mod on my bike. Can I plug in the BD43 mod plug and power both domniator headlights with it (high and low settings) without burinng out my wire?

Or should I connect one H4 blub to the BD43 plug and keep the other low with the stock low H7 plug?