Dominator headlights

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be switching to a dual dominator headlight set up with the Buell flyscreen. I know the VS-2 kit is very popular here. It's actually what I'm using right now. But for other reasons I want to change it up this season. I was wondering if anyone had this setup could help me out? I just have a few questions regarding mounting brackets and the flyscreen.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Is Lean69 a user on here? I have a speedo mounting bracket from my VS-2 kit that I think I might be able to use, I'd probably give that a shot first.

Couple questions, if you don't mind.

Did you have to hack into your wiring harness, or is it just plug and play?
How hard is it to hide the wires? I'd like a clean install look. Can I just tug the wires back a little bit into the frame?

How is the lighting at night, assuming you run a 45/55 H4 bulb. If not, mind sharing your setup?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is Lean69 a user on here? I have a speedo mounting bracket from my VS-2 kit that I think I might be able to use, I'd probably give that a shot first.

How hard is it to hide the wires? I'd like a clean install look. Can I just tug the wires back a little bit into the frame?

How is the lighting at night, assuming you run a 45/55 H4 bulb. If not, mind sharing your setup?

Yes, Lean's a member.. here's the link to the original thread.. you can see pics there: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/39312-speedometer-bracket-group-interest.html

You don't HAVE to hack into wiring.. technically it's plug n play, but there's no way to hide all those massive plugs and all the extra wire length as is. I did end up cutting up the harness.. removed stock plugs and replaced with bullet connectors AND tucked a good length of wiring back into the frame (which took some work.. pulling gas tank, airbox and battery).
Light output is actually quite good.. better than stock with dual headlight mod. I did put Silverstars in there and that made it even better.

left2m.jpg

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, Lean's a member.. here's the link to the original thread.. you can see pics there: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/39312-speedometer-bracket-group-interest.html

You don't HAVE to hack into wiring.. technically it's plug n play, but there's no way to hide all those massive plugs and all the extra wire length as is. I did end up cutting up the harness.. removed stock plugs and replaced with bullet connectors AND tucked a good length of wiring back into the frame (which took some work.. pulling gas tank, airbox and battery).
Light output is actually quite good.. better than stock with dual headlight mod. I did put Silverstars in there and that made it even better.

left2m.jpg

i like those headlights, but nothing quite beats projectors,it that what the backside of the stock gauge looks like??

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Where do I find the back to the speedo? I like that set up, but I'd like to have at least a small flyscreen. I think what I'm going to end up doing is using the Dominator lights, since I already have them in my garage, and go with a Buell flyscreen.

Just trying to see what everyone is using for mounting solutions for the speedo, lights, turn signals etc.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

Erci, can you give me an idea of how you mounted your horn in that location? Did you use the little short, black bracket that's originally mounted on the horn or did you fab something else up? Also, from looking at mine, it seems I may have to extend the horn wiring a little to make that location work. Did you have to do that?

:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

The wiring should run right off your headlight mod relay. You should be running 55/65 watt H4 bulbs.

I've taken the 2 white connectors with harness out of the left side of the frame and rerouted so that some wiring exits on the right side of the frame and has a neater appearance. When you pull it all apart it will be pretty much visual to you. You can see where you can tuck wire and plugs away in the front area inside the frame. :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci, can you give me an idea of how you mounted your horn in that location? Did you use the little short, black bracket that's originally mounted on the horn or did you fab something else up? Also, from looking at mine, it seems I may have to extend the horn wiring a little to make that location work. Did you have to do that?

:thumbup:

Yup, used the stock horn bracket and the wires were long enough (plenty of slack at full lock) :D

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Eric and CCHOUSEKY, I can't thank you guys enough. I'm going to start ordering parts today and piecing this together. Here is what I'm thinking

Already have the dominator headlight
Going with these fork mounting brackets
Deluxe Motorcycle Headlight Bracket Set - Flyncycle.com -

Have these turn signals existing
SHORT BLACK LED FORCE SIGNALS INDICATORS MOTORCYCLE

Mount the signals to the Buell Flyscreen bracket, same as Corey did here.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/28876-here-we-go-2.html#post298820

And then slap a flyscreen on it. That's my plan for now!! I'm hoping like hell everything works. I can't really see any major flaws, but nothing ever goes as planned when I start in with hand tools.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, hadn't even looked at that yet :/

Appreciate the link though. They can always be sprayed or powdercoated :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 forks are 43mm :-/

Chrome Custom Motorcycle Headlight fork tube Bracket 38mm to 43mm

Miss out on the fancy colors but they fit!

I've recently done the same conversion thanks to Erci's bike as motivation.

This is true (43mm). I can't be 100% certain, but I'm guessing 41mm should work just fine .There may be a slight gap in the rubber, but if positioned to the inside of the bike should not be visible and I think the clamp will still close around it.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site