Does Triking your FZ6 count as a mod ?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate it, it looks bizarre, arkward even....but as others have said, it is probably an avenue to the freedom of bike riding for someone with a handicap, and that's gotta be a good thing.

:thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
first line in the description:

A lovely nippy trike; customised for a weak left arm.

It was for a disabled person. I really do not care what it looks like. Many people here seem to forget the cost of things.... A cheap trike kit is still a couple of thousand dollar investment. The Voyager is probably the most common and that is $4000. It is basically a training wheel kit.... This one has a lot of time spent on it. I think anyone bashing it should take a very serious look at their attitude and needs to grow up!:spank:

I really don't think it looks that bad, they color matched and it doesn't look like they cut any corners.

P.S. An abomination would be if they had just slapped together something to make it work.... Another thought is maybe the person is not all that old. Why would they want a cruiser that is labeled as an old persons bike???

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Great for a disabled person,but everytime I see a trike with an overinflated price tag,it makes me wonder if they are taking advantage of those people with disabilities.
This bloke wants Eight and a half Grand for it :eek:
After all,without that rear end,the bike would be around the 3 grand mark,so did the conversion really cost at least five and a half thousand pounds? :rolleyes:

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I likes it. As well as that I've come across a few people who just can't do 2 wheels anymore, and this is the closest that they can now get to biking for a lot less than the price of a spyder.

first line in the description: A lovely nippy trike; customised for a weak left arm.
I'd love to know just how nippy it is.

All in all good luck to whoever gets enjoyment from it " ride on". :thumbup:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great for a disabled person,but everytime I see a trike with an overinflated price tag,it makes me wonder if they are taking advantage of those people with disabilities.
This bloke wants Eight and a half Grand for it :eek:
After all,without that rear end,the bike would be around the 3 grand mark,so did the conversion really cost at least five and a half thousand pounds? :rolleyes:

Problem is it a trikeshop conversion,builder to the stars (billy conollys Oz trike for eg), the OCC or west coast customs of the UK trike world

Like anything once you got a reputation up goes the value of the product

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem is it a trikeshop conversion,builder to the stars (billy conollys Oz trike for eg), the OCC or west coast customs of the UK trike world

Like anything once you got a reputation up goes the value of the product

Your right with the rep thing bumping the price,it just seems v steep at 8.5K,when something like this,(though not to everyones taste :D) is on e blag as a buy it now for 3K,which is something of a bargain when you consider the amount of work/fabrication thats gone into it.

!BiiWV9!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-DYEsM393W7uBLPjl3NMN!~~_3.JPG

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well I've stated my opinion on 'Trikes' many times on this forum and this abortion of an FZ6 is no different.

Like a lot of you, the ONLY use I see for trikes if for disabled people who still want to ride. Other than that, I just can't wrap my head around why people want to put a 3rd wheel on a 2 wheel'd vehicle and basically destroy all the handling and characteristics of what makes a motorcycle a motorcycle! I mean the 'zen' of riding is leaning into those long sweepers! That's what being on 2 wheels is all about! You can't do that on 3!

So to all the Trike makers out there, I have this to say: "Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should!"

I shake my head at the amount of time, effort and money people pour into making these 3 wheeled abominations.... Want a car, BUY a car. Want a bike, BUY a bike. Just buy a convertible if you want to feel the wind on your head....

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've stated my opinion on 'Trikes' many times on this forum and this abortion of an FZ6 is no different.

Like a lot of you, the ONLY use I see for trikes if for disabled people who still want to ride. Other than that, I just can't wrap my head around why people want to put a 3rd wheel on a 2 wheel'd vehicle and basically destroy all the handling and characteristics of what makes a motorcycle a motorcycle! I mean the 'zen' of riding is leaning into those long sweepers! That's what being on 2 wheels is all about! You can't do that on 3!

So to all the Trike makers out there, I have this to say: "Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should!"

I shake my head at the amount of time, effort and money people pour into making these 3 wheeled abominations.... Want a car, BUY a car. Want a bike, BUY a bike. Just buy a convertible if you want to feel the wind on your head....

If everyone thought like you we would be riding horses.........

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Giddy up!

Frankly I'm glad not everyone thinks like me. Would be a scarry place! ;)

It's my opinion that there are some things in life, no matter how innovative, usefull, practical or not practical that just plain look stupid. For me, trikes just look stupid. I see neither beauty or practical function in them.

I'm mean heck, when we were kids we at least progressed from riding 3 wheels to 2 wheels and then never looked back. Don't see too many people who ride bicycles going back to 3 wheels....

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a pretty tasteful trike compared to most of the other trikes I have seen. I have to give it that.

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
just saw this...:ban: it, :ban: it, :ban: it. Nip it in the bud ! :spank: I like the FZ6, but this is...wrong. Some other bikes would be much better in this configuation.

On the other hand, someone's riding that might not othrwise be able to. Ride on.