killwithfire.jpg

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mod being the abbreviation of modify..this is probably the ultimate mod..lol

sound like it was made for someone who was diabled so all power to them i say..it looks ok but ive been spoilt as i used to work next to the trike shop..saw many nice examples over the years ..never saw the stars who bought them tho.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just needs a caravan to tow and it would be perfect. :ban:

It says ABS, but it has an extra wheel, wonder how they have or have not done that. I know some crummy ABS systems have 3 channels, treating the rear wheels as one, maybe the same.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Think if I were going to go though the expense of triking a bike out I would have went with something with a bit bigger engine, maybe the FZ1.

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
that's the kind of replies I was expecting . . . . .

I fully understand the need for trikes,

but that just looks horrid . . . :eek:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a fan of the look, it just seems overly messy at the rear.
That being said if someone wants to modify a bike to be a trike then awesome stuff, particularly for a disability.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
That is just an abomination... even for people with a disability there are much nicer and better trikes. A 600cc inline 4 is not a good trike motor. Though one thing, I LOVE that seat, and I will say that is a fine piece of work to make an fz a trike... can't help but wonder if the time could be used better elsewhere

W

wrightme43

It is wrong. That said it looks like it has a actual independent rear suspension. Thats kinda cool.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it alot!

Alot of work and time was spent in that design it is actually really neat. They completely redesigned the rear end of that bike and added an independent rear suspension.

I am going to say that this was done for some one that has limited mobility and possibly limited useage of the left hand as there is an air shifter on the bike with the controls mounted on the right side of the bars.

I agree, maybe on another bike, but they must have like the FZ alot.

I give it a big :thumbup:

-bryan

Edit: clutch lever moved to right side... limited left arm mobility.

Last edited:

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I really really really hope the owner of this is disabled and just loved the fz enough to do this. If not he should be. The IRS is pretty cool but the are much easier ways to do this. Like buy a can-am spyder or stuff a street bike motor in a street legal atv.

as for the look of it over all FAIL!:thumbdown:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is soooooo ugly. It's not for me, but agreed, someone with a disability might not care - just as long as they could still ride. In that case, :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is soooooo ugly. It's not for me, but agreed, someone with a disability might not care - just as long as they could still ride. In that case, :rockon:

I used to laugh at trikes, thinking who would want to ride one :eek: until I met a handicapped guy (with one leg) he had been riding his motorbike for years using his Prosthesis. Anyway he recently had an operation to replace his "good" knee and ankle, as he had been "over" using his good leg to compensate. Anyway his doctor said he was not allowed to ride his bike anymore. He is presently looking into converting his bike into a trike (or buying a new trike). He has also shown me many articles on handicapped people who ride, and how a trike makes this possible. Ever since I heard these stories my attitude to trikes have totally changed, it doesn't mean I would like to ride one but kudos to those who really want to ride :rockon:

:hijack: Back to the original question, this is definately a mod, I don't think it's the best looking trike but it looks technically well thought out.
I do think it would look better in red though ;)

Last edited:

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK we have NABD National Association for Bikers with a Disability - Reg. Charity No: 1040907 a charity that helps disabled bikers adapt bikes to allow them to continue enjoying biking.

Sometimes the adaptations can be made to allow the rider to ride a relatively normal two wheeler, for more severe disabilities then a trike may well be the answer.

Whatever if the guy gets to ride then all power to him.

In line 4 makes an ideal low weight trike.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it alot!

Alot of work and time was spent in that design it is actually really neat. They completely redesigned the rear end of that bike and added an independent rear suspension.

I am going to say that this was done for some one that has limited mobility and possibly limited useage of the left hand as there is an air shifter on the bike with the controls mounted on the right side of the bars.

I agree, maybe on another bike, but they must have like the FZ alot.

I give it a big :thumbup:

-bryan

Edit: clutch lever moved to right side... limited left arm mobility.
I think it's a good piece of work. It follows the look of the FZ6 and fits quite well. It's not too over the top and bulky like a lot of trikes. It's more bike than car in my opinion.