does anyone own a BMW motorcycle?

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
The F800GS can be lowered quite a bit if you have different suspension and seat, sat on both the original and lowered version and the difference is huge (not sure about how the driving conditions suffer)

so there was hope after all for a shorter person like myself :p

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: CONGRATS! And welcome to the club!

You gotta buy an Aerostich suit now, you know... :rolleyes:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think my main focus is the seat at the moment, leaves much to be desired

One thing I'd read several times was that the 1200's seat was better than the 800's; the 800 is taller (I'm 6'5") and obviously uses less gas, and was my first choice. Got a good deal on the 1200, and the first thing I replaced was the seat (Touratech "breathable", or something like that). I was disappointed as it looked just like the stock seat, but it feels quite a bit different and so far, I'm okay with it.
This saturday the Hill Riding Assoc. is taking a 120-mile excursion to the Thiokol rocket park in BumFrickNowhere, Utard, and I think I'll join them and see how it feels on a longer trip. Stay tuned...

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
here's a couple pics without the hard cases on

moto1.jpg

moto2.jpg

tosh23

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one,
ref the seat....get the lowered seat ( bmw) option so there are on ebay and such...Then get an air hawk cushion....
I am a member of the iron butt, and 1000 miles on a f800 and an airhawk = no problems what so ever
One thing to always remember ...never touch the throttle whilst starting the bike, apart from that enjoy the weird indicators and 70+ mpg...
PS, you will miss your fazer....good luck tosh

tosh23

Reaction score
Visit site
low seat i think is 780mm. with an airhawk you can raise that to 820.
I think standard seat is 820 and with airhawk 840..These are just eductaed guesses, The values are some where around there..

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I have a question. Comparing touring on the GS800 to the FZ6. Whats more comfortable? Is the 800 more comfortable for long distance and general riding?

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
i find it much much more comfortable, but that's is probably because of my size (6'4"-300lbs) i actually just got off the fz and forgot just how quick that thing is above 7K especially with a 15T front sprocket.

Brasscap

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a couple of K1200RS's and loved them. At the moment I have an R1100RT along with my FZ6. Don't have any experience with the F800.