Does anyone have a pic of the Puig Touring Screen on their bike?

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
Based on people's reviews on the touring screen, I have settled on the Puig. The problem I am running into is, I cannot find any pictures of what the thing looks like on the FZ6. All of the 'stock' photos on the internet suppliers show double bubble on an FZ6, or an unknown model on a Suzuki... Its turning out to be very frustrating.

What I want to know is how much taller/wider it is than the stock shield. I have been using the relationship between the mirrors and the windscreen to gauge the height. Preferably, I would like the touring screen to come above the mirrors and provide more protection.

So, if its not too much trouble, could anyone who currently has the screen I'm interested in post a picture so I get an idea of what it even looks like? (Before I go and spend $90.00 and find out its not what I was expecting?)

Thanks!

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
Brilliant! Thanks!

It looks like it comes up above the level of the mirrors and should provide the protection I am looking for! Thanks again!!!:rockon:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
It's about a 2 minute mod. Make sure you warm up the edge trim before you put it on the screen. After it settles in you may find you have to trim the ends again. Cheers.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
How's This?

That bike looks MIGHTY familiar to me. Oh, because it's mine. :)

I'm not sure if it's the "touring screen" but it is a puig DB. Better than stock and tall yamaha shield, but still not loud.

Here's a recent picture of my bike with the 2007+ swingarm installed.
By train tracks of course, since they are almost always a destination when I ride.

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike looks MIGHTY familiar to me. Oh, because it's mine. :)

I'm not sure if it's the "touring screen" but it is a puig DB. Better than stock and tall yamaha shield, but still not loud.

Here's a recent picture of my bike with the 2007+ swingarm installed.
By train tracks of course, since they are almost always a destination when I ride.

That's DB screen. There is a difference. Is K1c jacking bikes? Or just pictures? I never knew him to be that sort of a bloke.

Gobs

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to all,

As Skrapiron, I was settled for the Puig Touring Screen for my '08 FZ6F.
As said, not many pics on the Internet. So thanks a lot Adirondack Jack, pics are very useful and made my decision :cheer:

Skrapiron, you are lucky to pay ONLY 90$... I have to go for 90€ more the postage :rolleyes:

As my "baby" is black, I'm going for the Dark Smoked one.

Please, Adirondack Jack, what about the comfort (wind, buffering and so on)? I'm 6'1" tall and wear a open helmet (too hot for a full face here!)...
How is it easy to install? Stong stuff enough?

Apart this, I'm waiting for the delivery of "my" Top-Sellerie (or top-Saddlery) seat: some ten days more...
I'll post pics...

Cheers to all,
Gobs

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to all,

As Skrapiron, I was settled for the Puig Touring Screen for my '08 FZ6F.
As said, not many pics on the Internet. So thanks a lot Adirondack Jack, pics are very useful and made my decision :cheer:

Skrapiron, you are lucky to pay ONLY 90$... I have to go for 90€ more the postage :rolleyes:

As my "baby" is black, I'm going for the Dark Smoked one.

Please, Adirondack Jack, what about the comfort (wind, buffering and so on)? I'm 6'1" tall and wear a open helmet (too hot for a full face here!)...
How is it easy to install? Stong stuff enough?

Apart this, I'm waiting for the delivery of "my" Top-Sellerie (or top-Saddlery) seat: some ten days more...
I'll post pics...

Cheers to all,
Gobs

As I got it late in the fall of last year I don't have a lot of miles yet to make a total determination about it's performance. I'm happy so far though. I'm 6'3" and I can tell you it moved the wind up more toward the bottom edge of my full face helmet. I did ride in some high winds and found no buffeting or bad reaction/handling at speed. I think I'd have to say it's quieter that the stock screen. It's a quality product and about a 2 minute mod. Remove stock screen screws (paying attention to how tight they are) and stock screen, set new windscreen in place, replace screws, being careful not to tighten any until all are in place. I had to press and flex the Puig here and there to get the holes to line up. Warm up the screen edging before you apply it (it just presses on over the edge- no glue), then trim the edges with a razor knife. Some additional trimming may be required after the edging settles in. Good luck- Jack :thumbup: