Do you turn brights off in traffic?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: I just remembered that the PO had the bike lowered, i wonder if that somehow made the beams shoot higher....

If the rear was lowered more than the front, than that would absolutely cause the beams to raise.

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
Do high beams really help you to be noticed at night? to me any light can be seen from very far away at night. I've always consider that high beams only help me see further down the road and don't make much difference in terms of being seen by others.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been riding for 13 years using the low beams. Never had an issue. At night I use my highbeam the same as I would in my truck. I would like to do the hid projector mod on my bike for some better light output.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Do high beams really help you to be noticed at night? to me any light can be seen from very far away at night. I've always consider that high beams only help me see further down the road and don't make much difference in terms of being seen by others.

They high beams would help you on the interstate at night with heavy traffic, people can't miss seeing that high beam in the side view mirror but they may miss one low beam light. On back roads at night it's foolish not to dim brights for oncoming traffic...blinding them could cause them to drift toward you.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't notice any difference. What made a difference to me was the HID projector mod. Since the headlight "flickers" to oncoming traffic they notice it better.

It's also not "legal" in the US, but I doubt many cops will pull you over for it. Of course my city isn't a good indicator on that. They didn't pull me and busa over the other day for going just "slightly" over the speed limit... Just smiled and waved.

On a side note, on a long down slope like a bridge, you can hit 141mph. Not related to my previous comment at all. :ban: