Do you think two bros requires powertips?

Kris_filion

Reaction score
Visit site
So my two bros aluminums are on the way, but I'm wondering if you guys think that powertips are a must and which ones if so? I'm heading to deals gap here in a couple weeks and I don't wanna go deaf on the way. Kris

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The pipes are pretty loud. If you want a silencer then use the newer P1X tip. They're about 35 buck each and provide a claimed 8 db of suppression.

picture.php

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to NH noise laws, I had to go all the way to the P4 tip. :( Still doesn't sound too bad though... and I can sneak by the LEOs easily. They didn't offer the P1X at the time of I'd have bought that one. I may end up with it instead since if is more db reduction.

tbr-p4.jpg

Last edited:

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Dont get them i thought they may be loud before i got them but i would never add a silencer now:)

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the P1 tips because I was worried my neighbors would complain since about 50% of my nearby neighbors are in there 80s. I really couldn't tell much of a difference in db. The tips did seem to deepen or richen the tone tho. I haven't taken them out since :)

Hope that helps.

tuul01

tuul01
Reaction score
Visit site
def go for the tips, I'm using P1 tips which seem to mute them enough to make sure you get in to track days with sound restrictions but keep them loud enough to make you smile and let others know you're around!!:rockon:

Skeebo

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't waste your money. I just installed my two bros exhaust two weeks ago and i absolutely love the way they sound. I had concerns about them being too loud pre-install, but after installing and hearing them in person, there's no way I would PAY MONEY to make them sound quieter.

The only reason I would install the tips is if 1) it's required by law (which it is not where I live) or 2) the sound was hurting my ears (which it definitely does not).

Slap those puppies on, and embrace the beautiful sound. You're gonna love going through tunnels/overpasses to hear the echo.

Regardless of what you decide, wait until you install them and give it a week before you decide to spend the money on the tips. There's no point in buying them ahead of time.