Do you regret your purchase?

Do you Regret your Fz6 purchase at all?

• No, I love my Fz6 and wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Votes: 154 86.0%
  • Yes, i wish i had gotten a different bike.

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Yes, I want the R6 instead!!!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I dont own a Fz6

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looking to see what some other Fz6 owners think. I have had my Fz6 for 6 months now, I love the bike. But i find myself everytime i see a Yamaha R6, wishing i had got a R6 instead of the FZ6. Does anyone else feel the same way?

So to finally put these wild thoughts to rest, I went out and found someone with an R6 and took it for a ride. It was a fun bike to ride but... When the day was over and i got back on my FZ6 I didn't ever want to get on a R6 again. The FZ6 is so much more comfortable and relaxed. The FZ6 is starting to really grow on me. I am just a young dumb kid, the reason i got the FZ6 was the salesmen at the yamaha dealership said it would be a good bike to learn on. At first i didn't realize how much different it was than a typical sport bike, I liked the look of the typical sport bike better. But now i have learned that so many sport bikes look so similar, and i am starting to like that everyone says "Hey sharp bike, looks different, what is it?" I have to say for my first bike, its been great!!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted but my option isn't in the poll. :D I not only have no regrets but I'm on my second one by choice! I sold my 2005 FZ6 and after weighing in all the other bikes of this class, I opted to go get the 2008 FZ6.

While I would like to have an R6, my back will not allow me to ride with those ergos. I know you can convert it to a standard with a $500.00 kit but I think it wouldn't look right. (Love to see a converted one though)

The FZ6 really is the swiss army knife and really does just about all. I'm not trading this '08 at all. I might add a bike to the stable down the road, but this one is here to stay until I can't ride any longer.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
thus far I love my FZ6 but, a R6 would be fun as hell to drive. The FZ is plenty fast for me and has more than enough power, if I were to change my bike I would get one that would allow for more comfortable 2up riding. More than likely I'll keep the FZ and get another bike for my 2up riding. :D

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a bit like being married. While you know there's nothing would make you change the (insert here wife / FZ6). There no harm in doing a bit bit of window shopping. The bike won't mind you looking at an R6; Just don't let the wife catch you looking at this year's model!!

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 is a good boy. I've ridden lots of other bikes before and they were all like children to me, so saying the FZ6 was my favorite is sacrilegious.

I liked Honda when he was a young boy, but he grew up to be a greedy kid. I don't fancy Honda anymore. He's just too pushy on the motorcycle industry. Honda wants quantity over quality.

Suzuki is such a strange girl. She takes car engines and puts them in motorcycles. Currently, she is no.1 for small cars. She loves sticking those engines into bikes. Big bikes...small cars.

Kawasaki is a calm guy with busy hands. He spends a great deal of time building other engines, which gives him less time to 'fine tune' the bikes. They're still very good, but they evolve slowly. I think Kawasaki will live to a ripe old age. He's more calm than Honda.

I feel sorry for Harley Davidson. He used to be a great war veteran, but became branded with a bad reputation. Too many 'hells angels' and outlaws. The war didn't kill Harley Davidson, but the people nearly did. Today, he's seen a a cripple. "Hardly Driveable." Japanese people wanted to help, but Harley said, "No way! I can walk on my own..." [with crutches]. Honestly, I hope he lives. He fought for the US you know.
If Americans are as patriotic as they think they are, they'd stick up for Harley.

Ducati is an olympic girl. She is the most competitive of them all, like Ferrari. She's been ridden by a very young man, who won the MOTOGP of 2007. Currently, he's 4th in the 2008. I have strong hopes for Ducati. Italy invented the Olympics afterall. Italy invented Ducati.

Yamaha started out making musical instruments. Whenever I ride a Yamaha, I feel like I'm playing a musical instrument. 5 athletes won gold medals by using Yamaha archery equipment. He used to make exceptional bow and arrows, but the olympics cried when Yamaha stopped production in 2002.

Claud says: Yamaha is the perfect unity of Archaic Authority.

When it comes to Yamaha, you're paying for the precision. Sure, Yamaha uses expensive materials for their design, but they ultimately charge you for their accuracy. I'll never have regrets with any Yamaha product. It's money well spent.

Last edited:

Kakashi

Reaction score
The Mecca of of insane drivers, Orlando,FL
Visit site
[Quote"While I would like to have an R6, my back will not allow me to ride with those ergos. I know you can convert it to a standard with a $500.00 kit but I think it wouldn't look right. (Love to see a converted one though)]
Sat on one with the conversion kit and it was like sitting on my FZ. I'm 6'4 and the only difference I felt was that the rearsets were alittle farther back and higher. The guy who had it worked at the dealership where I bought my bike and is around my age (50) He said he wanted the R6 technology without being racked over the bike all the time.

Lewy

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 is a good boy. I've ridden lots of other bikes before and they were all like children to me, so saying the FZ6 was my favorite is sacrilegious.

I liked Honda when he was a young boy, but he grew up to be a greedy kid. I don't fancy Honda anymore. He's just too pushy on the motorcycle industry. Honda wants quantity over quality.

Suzuki is such a strange girl. She takes car engines and puts them in motorcycles. Currently, she is no.1 for small cars. She loves sticking those engines into bikes. Big bikes...small cars.

Kawasaki is a calm guy with busy hands. He spends a great deal of time building other engines, which gives him less time to 'fine tune' the bikes. They're still very good, but they evolve slowly. I think Kawasaki will live to a ripe old age. He's more calm than Honda.

I feel sorry for Harley Davidson. He used to be a great war veteran, but became branded with a bad reputation. Too many 'hells angels' and outlaws. The war didn't kill Harley Davidson, but the people nearly did. Today, he's seen a a cripple. "Hardly Driveable." Japanese people wanted to help, but Harley said, "No way! I can walk on my own..." [with crutches]. Honestly, I hope he lives. He fought for the US you know.
If Americans are as patriotic as they think they are, they'd stick up for Harley.

Ducati is an olympic girl. She is the most competitive of them all, like Ferrari. She's been ridden by a very young man, who won the MOTOGP of 2007. Currently, he's 4th in the 2008. I have strong hopes for Ducati. Italy invented the Olympics afterall. Italy invented Ducati.

Yamaha started out making musical instruments. Whenever I ride a Yamaha, I feel like I'm playing a musical instrument. 5 athletes won gold medals by using Yamaha archery equipment. He used to make exceptional bow and arrows, but the olympics cried when Yamaha stopped production in 2002.

Claud says: Yamaha is the perfect unity of Archaic Authority.

When it comes to Yamaha, you're paying for the precision. Sure, Yamaha uses expensive materials for their design, but they ultimately charge you for their accuracy. I'll never have regrets with any Yamaha product. It's money well spent.

Now that was well said very cool :rockon::Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i don't think i would need anything else, i know that the R6 has the option of converting to standard, but at what cost? you lose some of the ergos that give the r6 the stability that it is known for, and also starting at such a higher price, the FZ is more than capable for my riding and it is designed to be a standard (comfy). You CAN get fairings for the FZ that will make it look much sportier if that is what you are looking for.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am very happy with my '07 FZ6, and think it does everything I want it to well. The only other bike I was considering was a used FJR, but could not find one in my price range. I would love to have a Roadliner or Vulcan 2000 in my garage, but they are still out of my price range, and I do not think I could live with only a cruiser to ride.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
no regrets in the world.... it is wayyyyyy more fun to beat up on liter bikes in the twisties on the fz than it would ever be on the R6! they dont know what hit 'em and I can ride for hours longer too! :thumbup:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
No regrets at all, it's fun and comfortable. i think i am going to go for the Puig dark smoke windscreen this week though.:thumbup:

jamaxiu

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for my bike but I could'n borrow 2K$ to get R6 so I bought FZ6 instead. Now I'm thinking that I could wait one moth and get R6. it is just beautiful.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, happy as a clam with the FZ. There are other bikes I'd love to have but for everyday practicality you can't beat the FZ. 95% of my riding is commuting and day tours. For what I need in a motorcycle the FZ fills the bill. I have gotten more complements on the bike to from a wide variety of riders, BMW types, Quackers, HD Dudes and the other sport bike riders. To a Tee all of them say, "Damn, that is clean looking bike, and it looks really comfortable." Then I tell them is a 600cc that makes 95hp and they are stunned.

An R6 would be great for the track, however if I was doing a track only bike it would be a two-stroke GP bike, like a '95ish TZ250. Even the mighty R6 can't compare to a modern TZ250 on the track. To me a 2-S is the pinnicale for roadracing. Very challenging to master and the most rewarding when it all comes together.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me explain my vote a bit.

I do love the FZ6, it is awesome!

But, I would like to do more riding with my wife, and some more long distance riding. I also take it to work every day and have a hard time with the laptop, lunch etc...

So, if I had, had the money to, I would have bought a FJR1300.

I am very happy with the FZ6, but would love some hard saddle bags, a little bit bigger bike...the 145hp wouldn't hurt either :)

Ben

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me explain my vote a bit.

I do love the FZ6, it is awesome!

But, I would like to do more riding with my wife, and some more long distance riding. I also take it to work every day and have a hard time with the laptop, lunch etc...

So, if I had, had the money to, I would have bought a FJR1300.

I am very happy with the FZ6, but would love some hard saddle bags, a little bit bigger bike...the 145hp wouldn't hurt either :)

Ben

Hi Ben - That is understandable. I've done a few short tours of far the the FZ has been great. Granted the FJR is in a WHOLE different league.

I use my back pack to carry daily stuff and I have a set of Cortech saddle bags for the trips. So far both have worked great. There are other hard side sabble bag options too. Fred has a set of Givi bags, I'm pretty sure, and they look great! That could be an option for you.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Ben - That is understandable. I've done a few short tours of far the the FZ has been great. Granted the FJR is in a WHOLE different league.

I use my back pack to carry daily stuff and I have a set of Cortech saddle bags for the trips. So far both have worked great. There are other hard side sabble bag options too. Fred has a set of Givi bags, I'm pretty sure, and they look great! That could be an option for you.

Thanks for not running me out of town ! :)

Ben

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
2007 FZ6: it's not an image, it's a motocycle. Sorry, Harley Davidson. Seriously, I am happy, very happy with my FZ6. I can't imagine not holding on to it for at least one more year...and it'll probably be more, many more. (I have been driving an '84 Ford Econoline for past 11 years). I rode a 2006 Honda 1100 V-Twin the other week...I prefer my FZ6. Maybe, if I move up, I'll try a liter bike.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
As a relatively new FZ6 07 owner, I must say that so far, I'm not regretting my purchase either.

Yesterday, I finally got the Vulcan back out on the road, so rode both one after another, which allowed me to finally accurately compare them.

The FZ6 beats the Vulcan hands down in handling and performance... as it should.

The Vulcan, in some regards but not others, beats the FZ6 in riding comfort. Mind you, I have a custom Mustang seat on my Vulcan and aftermarket grips which I love. The FZ6 has a custom shaved seat with gel pad and grip puppies over the stock grips.

Comparing the vibration issues are interesting. The FZ6 vibrates mostly in the handlebars and a bit on the seat. The Vulcan has ZERO vibration on the handlebars, but a ton on the floorboards, with the seat giving more of a "rumbling" feeling.

I'm still debating whether to sell the Vulcan and "fully commit" to the FZ6, but I think I'm definitely leaning that way, after yesterday's ride. I'm sure I'll take the Vulcan out a few more times before finalizing my decision, but that's what I'm feeling right now.