Do you Have an Iphone ????

What kind of phone do you have

• Total voters

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have a simple LG VX8350. I'm hoping it lasts (hinge is breaking) long enough to find out if the rumor of the iPhone being available to Verizon customers next year is true or not. In my area, Verizon has the best coverage, and AT&T blows. I won't give up the coverage just for the phone.

I've been on AT&T (from Verizon) for a few years now and I really don't have any complaints as far as coverage, the transition was pretty seamless for me.

Right now I'm using an HTC 8925 Tilt, it runs WinMo, WifI, and GPS but I've been wanting an iPhone since they were released. My contract expires TOMORROW! I'm getting a 32gb Iphone 3gs!!! :cheer::cheer:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a blackberry storm. i do love it, most dont because of all the issues, but the thing is... if you arnt a big enough techi nerd to know how to get around the issues, and keep your phone clean, they dont get a smart phone... i know so many people whos blackberrys i look at because "they are junk and dont work" only to find out they have done ZERO maitnance on them. and have like less than 10mb free app mem! :eek: never do simulated bat pulls, or mem cleaner. simple stuff people...

i support smart phones for smart people. not to say others are not smart, but when you buy a phone with blackberrys capabilities, you have to know how to use them. my wife uses her phone for calls only... so she got a phone that does calls only. no internet, no webmail, no messanger service, no microsoft office. Get what you need not what is stylish!!

on that note, after picking up my new iPod touch... i kinda wish i would have looked more at the iPhone, not to say i would have gotten it over the Storm, but just the capabilities of the iTouch makes me want to learn more about the iPhone. :thumbup: too bad iPhone isnt on verizon yet... i might be tempted... the only thing i dont like about iPhone is the need to make 1million usless apps before they put a video cam, or camera for that matter... its 2009 i have had a camera since like 2001.... put a freakin camera on the phone already! that and the lack of buttons, i understand the "touch" but atleast with the storm i have some buttons to work with.. plus i like click'n better. :rockon:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Blackberry from work, and my own normal run of the mill Nokia phone.

Work pushed the Blackberry with the excuse that they can keep in contact with me all the time - unsure why they think that since they only pay me 37 hours a week *shrug* Obviously they haven't worked out that there is a work/life balance and I won't be letting it tilt their way. It even has a nice tracking program that allows them to track where the phone is, which was disabled in the minute I got it.

Oh well it must have cost them a lot of money, so they must happy with it. Me, I'll stick with my Nokia, with that I can make calls when and where I feel like. :thumbup:

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
ive had iphone 2g, 3g, and now have 3Gs. its a very nice phone and i love using it for a phone, web browser, PSP, GPS.....the list goes on. however i am also in the group that AT&T SUCKS! if verizon get the iphone i can promise i will be straight to them!

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I read that in NYC having 30% of your calls dropped is not out of the norm. How are you guys fairing now with the introduction of MMS. Is AT&T's system handling it?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
ive had iphone 2g, 3g, and now have 3Gs. its a very nice phone and i love using it for a phone, web browser, PSP, GPS.....the list goes on. however i am also in the group that AT&T SUCKS! if verizon get the iphone i can promise i will be straight to them!

I'm still waiting on why? I've had it for a few years and have had 0 problems. It's easy oi say something sucks, but I'd like to know why!

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Im going to go out on a limb and guess its the population density and number of users. For sh*ts and giggles i checked Delran NJ and it has a pop density of 2340/sq. mile. with a total pop. of 15536

Where I am in Vancouver, is 13818/sq. mile with a total pop of 578,000

Manhattan itself is 71,201/sq mile with a total pop. of 1.6 million

makes sense to me anyways

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still waiting on why? I've had it for a few years and have had 0 problems. It's easy oi say something sucks, but I'd like to know why!

well they have huge holes in thier coverage, several areas that will show full bars but you are unable to dial out, at least 3 dropped calls a day, horrible customer service, and expensive plans! i have called several times to get problems fixed and they just say "oh well we will give you a month of free service" well that is nice and all but that is not what i want, i want my problem solved!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a BlackBerry curve, but I de-activated it recently because I no longer need my email with me constantly. I went back to my old LG VX8300 and couldn't be happier.

After two weeks, I think I'm finally getting over my fear of blinking red lights...

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
i have used the maps app countless times when i get lost on the bike. easier than leaving bread crumbs

i totally agree. i generally just head out my house and ride and never know where im going to end up. i have had to use the GPS several times to get back to civilization lol.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site

I think that AT&T's plans are a bit expensive, but I agree with you. I have had absolutely 0 problems with their coverage. I've had no dropped calls with my new phone, and even without 3g, the internet is pretty fast. I have full signal pretty much anywhere I go, and the call quality is excellent.

The only reason I would switch is to have a cheaper plan. I hear Sprint is good in my area, but I just signed a 2 year extension with my new Eternity. Oh well, no qualms from me about AT&T, other than the price.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I read that in NYC having 30% of your calls dropped is not out of the norm. How are you guys fairing now with the introduction of MMS. Is AT&T's system handling it?

I think 30% is the norm for AT&T no matter where you live. Sometimes it seems higher, especially if you talk for more than five minutes. There are days every single call will be dropped at some point. The worst part is AT&T could care less, I have called and complained numerous times, I get the same corporate response every time. AT&T's network (here in WI) is awful, it can handle the MMS, but is painfully slow and antiquated. AT&T needs to start investing my money in a better network, and AT&T is very expensive for what you get. If we ever get 3g here, I'm sure it will get better, but the Edge network is simply awful.

And if you have a billing issue, forget it, mine took five months to resolve. Granted they did finally get it resolved, but it took forever. ( I get paper statements so I can submit them for work reimbursement, but I pay the bill online. Online account manager showed me current, the paper bills never showed the payments. Soon I had collections calling, even though AT&T said I was current. It took five months to solve, but it did not end up on my credit report.)

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been on AT&T (from Verizon) for a few years now and I really don't have any complaints as far as coverage, the transition was pretty seamless for me.

Right now I'm using an HTC 8925 Tilt, it runs WinMo, WifI, and GPS but I've been wanting an iPhone since they were released. My contract expires TOMORROW! I'm getting a 32gb Iphone 3gs!!! :cheer::cheer:

I switched to Verizon from Sprint. Sprint, if you went any farther than Geneseo, you lost signal, and even IN Geneseo it was sketchy. I couldn't even walk down the hall at work without losing signal. With Verizon, I have signal almost everywhere I go, from the thousand islands down to Naples.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I think 30% is the norm for AT&T no matter where you live. Sometimes it seems higher, especially if you talk for more than five minutes. There are days every single call will be dropped at some point. The worst part is AT&T could care less, I have called and complained numerous times, I get the same corporate response every time. AT&T's network (here in WI) is awful, it can handle the MMS, but is painfully slow and antiquated. AT&T needs to start investing my money in a better network, and AT&T is very expensive for what you get. If we ever get 3g here, I'm sure it will get better, but the Edge network is simply awful.

And if you have a billing issue, forget it, mine took five months to resolve. Granted they did finally get it resolved, but it took forever. ( I get paper statements so I can submit them for work reimbursement, but I pay the bill online. Online account manager showed me current, the paper bills never showed the payments. Soon I had collections calling, even though AT&T said I was current. It took five months to solve, but it did not end up on my credit report.)

Wow that sucks. I probably get at the most one dropped a month and it's always in the one place in my house.

Apparently Telus and Bell (CDMA carriers in Canada) are rolling out their HSPA network very soon for the 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver. Rumor has it they will be most likely getting the iPhone now as well. Rogers (AT&T equivilant), is Canada's only GSM carrier. This will be great for competition.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Ant,

I think what every one complains more about about is more the carrier service. Seems the I-Phone service is more exclusive to AT&T. It seems that the locations that service is available for the I-Phone are lacking compared to other carriers. In other words the I-Phone would really be better on another network like Verizon because of greater area coverage.
There are other issues with the I-Phone that some may run into and this may apply to other devices. My brother has this great car radio/GPS/cappuccino maker(kidding) made by Kenwood. All his other phones worked fine with the radio Blue Tooth. Tried my Centro with the Kenwood Bluetooth and it was great. The I-Phone was horrific? The audio when he spoke was completely garbled no one could hear what he was saying. He got two tickets! He went to the installer of the equipment and they researched and found that there was an issue with the I-Phone and there was a firmware fix for it. The thing I love about stuff like this is, the instructions say if you fail on the firmware update you are probably screwed because the device may lock and be useless. The installer couldn't get linked through the Blue Tooth to do the firmware update. I went and got a Blue Tooth Dongle for my laptop went to the Kenwood site for the update and did the firmware for him at home. As almost always the update did not go as the instructions said it would. The read out on the radio froze. But on re-boot all was good and the audio was now good with the I-Phone.
I like the I-Phone. My kids write apps!

Cliff

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that sucks. I probably get at the most one dropped a month and it's always in the one place in my house.

Apparently Telus and Bell (CDMA carriers in Canada) are rolling out their HSPA network very soon for the 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver. Rumor has it they will be most likely getting the iPhone now as well. Rogers (AT&T equivilant), is Canada's only GSM carrier. This will be great for competition.

I think it boils down to a lack of towers. A few years ago AT&T had a big push for businesses to join in the area. So you have a large amount of people both talking and sending data though towers that have been in place for years. Sometimes you can go a week with out a dropped call, then there are days where every call gets dropped or you get the network busy notice. I hope it gets better, as the Iphone deserves a better, more reliable updated network .

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I switched to Verizon from Sprint. Sprint, if you went any farther than Geneseo, you lost signal, and even IN Geneseo it was sketchy. I couldn't even walk down the hall at work without losing signal. With Verizon, I have signal almost everywhere I go, from the thousand islands down to Naples.

I have heard that about Sprint in this area, which is too bad since their plans are priced pretty reasonable. Verizon was really good I agree, but I cant say AT&T is any better/worse. Now down in FL (Tampa/St. Pete) thats another story, lost signals and dropped calls at least once a day with AT&T. So much of your call quality/reliability depends on region.