Do u drag your knee on the FZ ?

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if anybody has dragged knee on stock FZ6. I don't dare to lean too far to the point where I drag knee. I have scrapped the pegs feeler, and kick stand though.

I'll bring it to the small track close to my house again tomorrow.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
While I haven't done it I would say it's possible. I get pretty close and I'm not that experienced of a rider.

Here's a photo of me riding in one of the slower sessions of the day, I have stock rearsets and pegs here. There's also plenty of photos of guys/girls dragging knee on the FZ6 if you use google images.

Here's one from a quick google search.

NIlRgX3l.jpg

Not sure if he's on stock rearsets, but I believe it's possible. The important thing to note is that his knee actually sticks out farther than his foot.

NOTE: If your scrapping hard parts your already leaned over far enough to drag your knee, just gotta work on your body position. I used to scrap my pegs until I had a riding coach help with my BP, now I carry a lot more corner speed without any fear of scraping my pegs. Obviously there's still a point where stuff will scrape, but if you can get your kick stand to scrape you must have some pretty decent angle, I'v never even been close to my kickstand scrapping.

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Well said, Benji! You can turn with a much higher speed by using body position to keep the bike in a better line. Dragging knees is cool and all, but is not necessary for fast lap times if you've got good body positioning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My legs are short but I have dragged knee when I had my FZ6. I also had better clearance foot pegs and pulled the center stand while modifying the side stand so that it had much needed clearance. :) I ran BT-016 pro tires which are pretty sticky and warm up pretty quick.:D

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
My legs are short but I have dragged knee when I had my FZ6. I also had better clearance foot pegs and pulled the center stand while modifying the side stand so that it had much needed clearance. :) I ran BT-016 pro tires which are pretty sticky and warm up pretty quick.:D

I actually have rear set plates for when I start scrapping the foot pegs, but right now I don't seem to be having any issues. I'm just hoping the kickstand doesn't scrape unexpectedly on me!

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
I drag a little knee every chance I get. Totally possible on the FZ with a little practice. If you succeed, when you get on a supersport you will be a rockstar. It's so much easier with clip-ons.

In the pic, you'll notice the bikes not even leaned over that much. It's all about the "one cheek sneak." Also, I think the FZ's upright bars force your body into a weird position no matter how hard you try to kiss your mirror.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I accidentally touched my knee to the ground a bit riding today. So it can be done!

[video=youtube_share;xFaAgqcl4nc]https://youtu.be/xFaAgqcl4nc[/video]

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 3.59.53 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 3.52.06 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I caught my shin on the throttle linkage, and got some blood in my sock. Does that count? Blah

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I successfully dragged my knees on the FZ6, at the track though. I wouldn't do it on the street. uploadfromtaptalk1442328977073.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No pucks and no intention but I may have blemished the knee of the my leathers recently.... Which is something I said I'd never do on the street!
but there was fresh pavement, lots of turns and it just sorta happened! :spank: :rolleyes: To this day I've never drug pegs or stand(s), just a little boot in a banked turn.

Wind River Road WA towards Mt St Helen's

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got close enough that I've scraped my boot on the floor going through roundabouts twice now, in the last few months. If I had my foot back on the peg the knee would have dragged a bit, I'm sure. I'm in no rush to get there - I'm still trying to learn the basics of body positioning to keep the bike tight through turns and finding out what sort of style I have as a rider, after some 25,000 miles and 18 months there's still a long way to go! Definitely prefer moving body position just a bit and sticking knee out to simply leaning my weight in the saddle without moving as some riders to, feels right. Getting the body position, knee angle and also applying the right amount of weight to the footpegs for stability is a bit of a juggling act that will take a while to make second nature.