DMV Registration OR. to CA. question

rger8

Reaction score
Visit site
This guy has a 2007 FZ6 he bought in Oregon and currently is regeisterd as such. He lives in Ca. The local AAA told me it should have have some label somewhere that says it is ok for Ca. or meets the EPA requirements their before the DMV will register in Ca. Also has to have 7500 miles on it. I'm thinking of buying it but don't want any hassles. Anyone know anything specific about this. I'm gonna check with the DMV on Monday but was hoping someone might have some experience.

Thanks for any info.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This guy has a 2007 FZ6 he bought in Oregon and currently is regeisterd as such. He lives in Ca. The local AAA told me it should have have some label somewhere that says it is ok for Ca. or meets the EPA requirements their before the DMV will register in Ca. Also has to have 7500 miles on it. I'm thinking of buying it but don't want any hassles. Anyone know anything specific about this. I'm gonna check with the DMV on Monday but was hoping someone might have some experience.

Thanks for any info.

You might have a look at this:

Before Buying a Vehicle From Out of State - Be Sure You Can Register It in California FFVR 29

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Good info and applicable to my situation! Thanks!
Oregon Yamaha dealer rep told me anything out of state can go in to Cali, but after seeing that, I beg to differ and state that he was simply wrong!

I'm buying an OR bike and could be in Ca in a year. It will likely have met the 7500 mile requirement by then but it'd suck to find out once you're there already! :/

rger8

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Goop, great info. So this bike has like 7200 miles on it. That being said all I need to do is run it over 7500 and I should be good, I guess? I'll check with the local DMV on Monday and see what they say.

Thanks!