did anyone else's insurance rate drop ?

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
I am with TD monnex now, was with Statefarm until last week ... Statefarm was full coverage 1500 / year. I have my other vehicles with TD Monnex and last year I was quoted at 1600 full coverage for the FZ6, I was getting my renewal for my other bike with Monnex and thought I'd ask for another quote for the FZ6, my rate dropped ! from 1600 -> 655 / year !!! holy shiza, I called Statefarm and asked if they can do any better, no dice, so I moved it over saving a bundle ...

did insur. co's reclassify our FZ6?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am with TD monnex now, was with Statefarm until last week ... Statefarm was full coverage 1500 / year. I have my other vehicles with TD Monnex and last year I was quoted at 1600 full coverage for the FZ6, I was getting my renewal for my other bike with Monnex and thought I'd ask for another quote for the FZ6, my rate dropped ! from 1600 -> 655 / year !!! holy shiza, I called Statefarm and asked if they can do any better, no dice, so I moved it over saving a bundle ...

did insur. co's reclassify our FZ6?
Don't ask questions... run with it. I pay $700/yr with Rider's Plus.... Maybe the problem with the economy has insurance company's nervous like everyone else.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat but I didn't switch insurance companies. I was paying Statefarm $1200-$1300 last year for full coverage. This year my bill came in as just over $600, I am 20 (I think they give you a break at like 24 so that isn't a factor) Basically nothing has changed and I really don't know why they have reduced the price so much. I am currently waiting on a full description of my insurance policy so that I can compare it to last years.

If you get any word on why such a change has happened please post about it.

gpd211

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat but I didn't switch insurance companies. I was paying Statefarm $1200-$1300 last year for full coverage. This year my bill came in as just over $600, I am 20 (I think they give you a break at like 24 so that isn't a factor) Basically nothing has changed and I really don't know why they have reduced the price so much. I am currently waiting on a full description of my insurance policy so that I can compare it to last years.

If you get any word on why such a change has happened please post about it.

Man i guess its good to be old. I'm 34 and full coverage on the fz with State Farm is $240 a year. I have two other vehicles, another bike, and a house with them so that may be part of it

RH55

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 27 and pay 690 with Statefarm. Don't know if it will be dropping this year yet... but I hope so.

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 27 and pay 690 with Statefarm. Don't know if it will be dropping this year yet... but I hope so.

that quote with statefarm for me was only if I brought a car over to them, but my car quote was twice as much ...

2000 Intruder

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got liability, comp & collision, uninsured & underinsured motorist, and roadside assistance, all for $452/year through Progressive.

Last year my cruiser cost $210/year for the same package, but it was an older, less valuable bike.

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
Insurance goes down after the first year. Works on houses, cars, and bikes. Agents will usually ask you if you have proof that you had insurance for the previous 6 months, but sometimes they just assume you just got the bike. It can make a HUGE difference.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
man, i should get full insurance, but it's good to see these quotes. I was quoted $1300 at most places for full insurance and I was 23 when I asked around.

I pay $120 for liability only :( :spank:

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have done quite a bit of checking, because I do insurance in Texas
right now. (will retire 3-31-09) Yes!!!
Seems like Foremost and Progressive have very good rates, if you have
good credit. Credit scoring works like this.
Most generally people with poor credit, pay their bills slowly, repair their
vehicles slowly and generally don't pay attention well.
People with great credit, most generally pay on time, fix their vehicles before
they actually break and are "Johnny on the spot"
The insurance company is actually looking at your lifestyle rather than your
age or driving record.
So if you have great credit, it will pay off for you on your insurance rates too.
This would no only apply on motorcycle insurance but on auto, boat and home insurance too.
The companies like this type of underwriting as it pays off well for them.

viser_08

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought coverage today for my fz6, although it isnt full coverage its 447 a year. I'm 21, and have had a speeding ticket a few years back (so they kinda nailed me lol). They said if my record was clean it'd be about 1200-1300 a year! Thats a lot of money lol...so I decided if i break my bike, i can always rebuild it. On the other hand I"m attending a motorcycle safety class in a few months which will lower my insurance rate too!

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys have got to be kidding me? I'm a fairly new rider, got my M2 last September and TD Meloche Monnex increased my premium from $1400/Year to $1800/year. Its not even full coverage either. Liability with Specified Perils. I may be going with either statefarm or the personal (group rate for oacett) for this coming season.

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
The government sorta stepped in to take care of some of the constant rising costs. New changes were developed for Sept 1, 2010. This might be the reason yours went down (as did ours for the bikes at least - the cars and house a TOTALLY different story).

I WAS also with TD MM until last week. Our bike ins went down. The maximum benefits allowed were cut back considerably which is why the rate changed so much.

We ended up switching EVERYTHING and saved $800.

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
Insurance rates dropped again. I am now paying the same amount for 4 bikes worth of insurance as I was 2 years ago for 2 bikes.