Dent in Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, who would have thought a simple question would have been such a complication. I guess I was under the impression that mature, knowledgable people responded to these things. (Thank you to those who were actually helpful)
ANYWAY, I checked with a mechanic on the deal and he said if a problem were to arise, it would have been immediate as it would cause one of the pistons to misfire. The pipes, he informed me, were made to be soft in order to absorb impact easily. He also said it is a simple fix...get a dent remover (as one some one previously suggested).
And as for my F-up that everyone is so ready to critisize, I was following my friend and he was kind enough NOT to inform me that he bottomed out too. But, this my first bike and I ride 60 miles every day to work so its bound to get messed up. I love the thing, but DAMN, its just a motorcycle.
I hope some of you idots on this forum are more mature on the road than you are here.

Very well said.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a structural or functional problem, but you may be concerned about the appearance of the dent as well. If it is a double-walled pipe, then the out wall my be thin enough to pull the dent out of. I just repaired a dent in my tank using the "Ding King" dent repair kit. I got it at Advanced Auto for just under $20. It uses a special hot glue that sticks a threaded post to the dented surface and a bridge with a screw-down knob that pulls the post and dent out. The instructions say that you may have to repeat the process up to 10 times, and I did it about 7 times before I was satisfied, but the tank looks great again. No damage to the paint. I'm very happy with the results. It might just work on your pipe to. :thumbup:

Here's some before and after shots:
View attachment 2068

View attachment 2069
That is excellent work well done.

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, who would have thought a simple question would have been such a complication. I guess I was under the impression that mature, knowledgable people responded to these things. (Thank you to those who were actually helpful)
ANYWAY, I checked with a mechanic on the deal and he said if a problem were to arise, it would have been immediate as it would cause one of the pistons to misfire. The pipes, he informed me, were made to be soft in order to absorb impact easily. He also said it is a simple fix...get a dent remover (as one some one previously suggested).
And as for my F-up that everyone is so ready to critisize, I was following my friend and he was kind enough NOT to inform me that he bottomed out too. But, this my first bike and I ride 60 miles every day to work so its bound to get messed up. I love the thing, but DAMN, its just a motorcycle.
I hope some of you idots on this forum are more mature on the road than you are here.

Thanks for the info about the pipes. Didn't know there made to absorb impact. I always wondered about that. Like if a rock or road junk hits it. They have nothing protecting them. :Sport:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
He's just joking.... Magseal is a decent guy and harmless.... Loosen up you underwear fellows. I think he's funny.:)

+1...and for whomever deceided to temporarily ban him, sending him an explanation other than "broke forums rules" would have been nice....

Loosen the neck ties a bit people. ;)

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well if magseal got temporarily banned I'm sure any/all other members that may have broken the rules got temporarily banned too....I'm SURE.

*shrug*

Can't we all just get along! :)

Hey Defy, did you hit your noggin' or something.... you actually agree with me on something?....:thumbup:

haha - I'll be sure to make an apt. w/ my doctor ASAP.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1...and for whomever deceided to temporarily ban him, sending him an explanation other than "broke forums rules" would have been nice....

Loosen the neck ties a bit people. ;)

I banned him...Actually it was a 4th warning, I had recieved numerous complaints regarding his posts..He had been asked many times to chill out. There is no need to treat new members that are just looking for advise that way. To them their questions are real questions and they dont need to be torn apart for not having as much experience or education ect as the person blasting them.

Fz6-Forum.Com Mission Statement:
It is my goal that FZ6-Forum.Com continues to stand out as a unique and friendly family orientated site for FZ6 enthusiasts. It is a site that is friendly, clean and unique. That policy is reflected in the site content.

here is the link http://www.600riders.com/forum/site-announcements-comments/2807-forum-rules.html

I dont have time to babysit nor the patience. The rules are posted and in joining the site the member agrees to them. The rules reflect the type of site we have. There are only 3 or 4 ppl out of 1200+ that cant figure it out.

Dennis

The thread had gone off topic and is now closed. It was about a dent not site politics

Status
Not open for further replies.