Deleting error codes from ecu?

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, I salut you all..

I ride 2006 version 2007 FZ6-Naked. I latched it up last week. It happened when i was parking the bike because of the mud under my shoe :( . After a drop fz6 stopped itself and on the tacho error code "30" appeared for 1 second and then dissappeared. 1 or 2 days later, after a short ride when i turned off the ignition and pulled back key tacho showed "err-1" for a second.

Now, bike rides fine... I feel nothing wrong it her.. But since the error codes stored in the ecu, how can i remove those stored faults. In the cars errors codes can be removed with diagnostic tools. Yamaha has diagnostic tools?

Thanks alot in advance...

W

wrightme43

Hi Guys, I salut you all..

I ride 2006 version 2007 FZ6-Naked. I latched it up last week. It happened when i was parking the bike because of the mud under my shoe :( . After a drop fz6 stopped itself and on the tacho error code "30" appeared for 1 second and then dissappeared. 1 or 2 days later, after a short ride when i turned off the ignition and pulled back key tacho showed "err-1" for a second.

Now, bike rides fine... I feel nothing wrong it her.. But since the error codes stored in the ecu, how can i remove those stored faults. In the cars errors codes can be removed with diagnostic tools. Yamaha has diagnostic tools?

Thanks alot in advance...

Man that one I dont know the answer too. I would think disconnect the negitive battery cable for 5 mins and it would do it but I dont know for sure.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
It's done in the diagnostic mode. Fault code 30 is from the bike being overturned. Diagnostic code 62 is the malfunction code history erase. At some point, turning the kill switch on erases the codes. I've never done it, but download the service manual and the procedure is in there
pages 8-37 - 8-41 in the 2007 manual

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks alot guys. My brand new FZ6's select button does not work properly... so i didnt erase... Today i gonna try again...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if it dosen't work then you can do the battery thing, i think after 15 minutes the memory will be cleared and the cod will only come back if there is still an issue. Not 100% though... maybe 95% sure on that