Crazy low-cost alarm system

Just chalked up my $30. I'll be waiting for a how-to! :thumbup:

Who knows, maybe I'll make one. I've done car audio and alarm systems on cars before.

Well mine came today. I went ahead and hooked it up to a battery and tested it. Seems to work as advertised, and the siren is crazy loud too!

It lets you pick between 5 different sensitivity levels so we'll see how well it works.

Got my alarm in today! Looking at the installation, it shouldn't be terribly difficult, but I still would like our forum members' inputs. From the alarm harness, there is a start engine (+) wire and an engine lock (+) wire. There is also a red wire that is +12v, and I assume I can just connect it to the battery, unless it's supposed to be a switched 12v source. Where do I connect these on the bike side?

I understand that the pink and the gray wires from the alarm harness get connected to the ignition wire and that the ignition wire is the one that gets cut on the bike side. Is it okay to cut the fuel pump wire like notjohndavid did here? http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/11744-scorpio-i900-install.html

Other than that, I think I should be able to figure it out.

TBH, on car alarms it seemed more straightforward, or maybe it was the instructions were a little more clearcut.

Last edited:
Did you get your alarm installed ant_mb?

Nope, it's going to be a freaking mess for the next few days in NJ so I won't even try it until Sunday. I did hook it up to a battery and a blinker to check it out. I can tell you the alarm is a ear killer indoors, and it seems to function as advertised.

Guys, any ideas which wires the start engine(+), engine lock(+), and ignition wires would be on the bike side?

Here's the diagram that came with the alarm.

I have my anti-hijack wire spliced into my "vehicle down" (tilt) sensor which is inside the cover on the right side of my '07. I see from the diagram that your directions don't even call for that.

Last edited:
mine showed up in the mail and when i get around to installing it i will post the pictures.

Might not be till winter though...

This is very tempting. I'd pick up 3 of them for that price! I'll wait for some more feedback though. If they last more thank a week I'm in! :D

I have everything wired and installed except for those 3 wires. I guess I could just start connecting wires and see what happens. I'm pretty sure I could find the correct ignition wire, but it's the other two that I'm confused about.

Here's how I'm going to wire mine.

1. Blue-goes to the starter relay.
2. Orange-Keyed power wire.
3. Grey-Power wire for the ignition(one that powers up everything)
4. Pink-Not going to use it(I'll lose a feature(engine immobilization), but if the alarm fails I can still start my bike.)
5. Black-Ground
6. Red-Fused and hooked straight to the battery
7. Yellow-blinkers

I could be off, but I think I have it correct. Proceed with caution though.:D

Last edited:
You'll also want to be careful were you hook the Blue wire. You don't want to bypass any of the safety features, or you could accidentally start your bike in gear. I'm sure that would end badly! I'm going to pull the bikes wiring diagram out tonight and have a look.

I went ahead and confirmed this on the bench.

Blue wire. Gets a positive signal for about 1.5 seconds when you hit the remote start key. Confirms that it goes to the starter relay.

Orange wire. When you ad current to the orange wire when the alarm is activated the alarm alarms. This confirms it goes to a switched wire. This is the feature that lets the alarm sound even if you insert the key. You have to turn the alarm off even if you have the key. I guess that's a good feature if someone steal your key but not the remote.

The only wire I couldn't confirm was the Grey wire. I know it's power for the remote start, but when I hit the remote start button I'm not getting power to it. I am getting a ground for about 3 seconds from it when I kill it from the transmitter, but no juice to start it.

I'm a little tired tonight so I'll trouble shoot it tomorrow.

Back in 2002... wow 7 years ago... I was looking for an alarm for my motorcycle and couldn't find one that I really liked. I finally found one, but it was made in China and only available to buy in bulk for resale. I figured that if I liked it enough, then others would too. They actually sent me a free sample and I ended up ordering 200 and selling them through ebay. I started the auctions at $30 and BIN @ $79.99. Sold them all pretty quickly. Thing is, they only cost $12.50 shipped from China. Judging from the wiring diagram, they look very similar. I was considering buying more, but some other dolt started selling them when I had about 10 left. He was selling them for $30 BIN. I understand being competitive, but that was just ridiculous. It was really just a part time job while going to college. I only ever had 1 person contact me about warranty. I think the unit was either DOA or he connected it wrong. He returned it to me and I sent him another one. I tried testing it out, but it was completely dead. So 1 bad out of 200 it pretty good to me. I used mine for over 2 years with no trouble. Now that I think about it, I might still have one packed away some where... better go look.

HERE'S THE USEFUL INFO: The pink & grey wires work together. You actually have to cut the main ignition wire and connect pink to the "in" and grey to the "out". When the alarm sends the "Kill" signal, it will "disconnect" the wire causing the bike to die. Oh, and the holding "start" button will make it send the "start" signal until you let off. Usually just a push will do.

Attached are pics of alarm and transmitter (the main reason I bought it because I didn't want it banging around the ignition). Enjoy.

Last edited:
I just looked, it looks like that auction ended (duh) and the seller is no longer offering htem at this time... if anyone purchased an extra one ill PAYPAL $30 for it... let me know...

I attempted my install today. The first thing I found was I needed a relay to provide a ground to the starter relay. The alarm puts a + signal to it and the FZ needs a -. That was solved with a simple relay. Found the ignition wire under the tank and connected the orange wire. This wire provides power to all the components when you use the remote start. Before I went any further I tested to make sure I had it right. I hit the start button on the remote and the gauges and fuel pump came to life. I then hooked the relay up to the blue wire. This is the wire that sends a signal to the starter for couple seconds. At this point I have what I thought was the combination to start the bike. I gave it a shot. Hit the button twice, the gauges came to life and the starter spun the engine for a couple seconds. Nothing!

There are 5 wires going to the ignition(key). 2 wires are hot at all times. A third goes hot when you turn the key on, and 2 that are grounded out when you turn the key on. My only assumption is that these wires are going to need to be grounded in order for the bike to start. This is going to require yet another relay and some more wiring. I only had one relay so I had to stop the install, but what a PIA.

Anyone have any insight to share with this?

Back