Crashed wearing no gear ..................

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
on my sons bloody Mad Gear Pro scooter !

I,m an idiot ,on the way home today from Normaniville we stopped at the Yankalilla skate park ,everything going well untill my son said "have a go dad ".

Looks easy enough I thought so on I get ,went down one slope ,no probs so I went to go back ,big mistake !
Went over on the right and hit the deck hard ,result:skin off on left palm,right wrist,forearm and elbow .Sore right shoulder ,bruised right rib and banged up right knee.
I am ashamed to say I was wearing no gear at all,not even a helmet :spank:
The scooter had no damaged at all and just as well ,because there is no insurance on it ,lol

Moral of the story is 47 year old men CANNOT ride a scooter like a 9 year old !

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEhoyXpqzQ]Louis CK - Turning 40 - YouTube[/ame]

was this your doctorvisit ? :)

(but seriously, i hope everything recovers fast)

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok... You are starting to be a crash magnet ;) Hopefully you didn't embarrass yourself in front of your son too much. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! You idiot! :rockon:

This sort of story is why I stay off my sons trampoline!!!

Lol! Mick! :thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Mick, I just crashed to the floor laughing at Taggers link :thumbup::thumbup: I'm about a month off 40, so very relevant to me.

I remember 25-30 years ago getting soooo much air on my BMX (scooters weren't invented then) and landing it 90% of the time. Other 10%, who cares just get up and try again. I'm in your boat now - heading to the skate park with my 9 and 10 year old. I've had a few goes, but tend to stick to the baby ramps these days. Just don't have the guts anymore :(.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
on my sons bloody Mad Gear Pro scooter !

I,m an idiot ,on the way home today from Normaniville we stopped at the Yankalilla skate park ,everything going well untill my son said "have a go dad ".

Looks easy enough I thought so on I get ,went down one slope ,no probs so I went to go back ,big mistake !
Went over on the right and hit the deck hard ,result:skin off on left palm,right wrist,forearm and elbow .Sore right shoulder ,bruised right rib and banged up right knee.
I am ashamed to say I was wearing no gear at all,not even a helmet :spank:
The scooter had no damaged at all and just as well ,because there is no insurance on it ,lol

Moral of the story is 47 year old men CANNOT ride a scooter like a 9 year old !
I'm sorry to hear you embarrassed yourself in front of your son. I hope his mates weren't there.
Heal up soon.

Nelly

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, your poor pride. ;)

I learned I wasn't nine anymore the day I showed my son how to stop on a skateboard: board goes flying and my tush hits the floor. Never been on a skateboard since.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhhhh Mick ! I could picture the entire incident PRICELESS !! I'm glad your gonna be ok, but PLEASE GET VIDEO next time you feel Friskie !! :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :mikebike:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still laughing at the mental image of Mick thinking.....I am cool, yep, oh fcuck, no I am not! Ouch! Sorry Mick, but you have made my day with this thread! Poor bugger! :(

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still laughing at the mental image of Mick thinking.....I am cool, yep, oh fcuck, no I am not! Ouch! Sorry Mick, but you have made my day with this thread! Poor bugger! :(

That's what friends are for!! LOL

Glad you only bruised your pride. (and for me it was ice skating with my step daughter when she was 10 or 11, and she wanted me to go backwards.)

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Hate to hear that, but I know from experience (I'm 43) you can't try to keep up with them. Here's my boy on his scooter 3 months after he turned 6, no why in HELL I'd try some of the stuff he does. There's no telling where he'll be when he's 9 (he's 7 now), but chances are he'll be doing other things I'll have no business trying :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reGTk2wW0mw]CJ and Nathan Video March 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof: :rof: Sorry Mick , I know your probably a little sore but I cant help but laugh :rof: :BLAA: Heal up fast mate & remember , if your going to do it again......... Video tape it for Australia's Funniest Home Videos :D $150000 might just be worth it :rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh Mick.....I gotta give you credit for having the courage to post this story! If it were me....I KNOW I'd have kept it to myself.
:hug: hope you're feeling good soon.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
HA you young pups,wait until your past 50 and you teenage boys want you to do paintball with them.

Did I? Hell no, I learned the same lesson as Mick did with a slip and slide when I was in my 40's.

Glad your ok Mick but I'm with Wolfman on this one :BLAA:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL Mick! Glad you are sort of ok :)

Mike has a very similar story on a pee wee 50, concrete driveway, no gear and, of course, BEER

Black and blue, nerve damage to his finger and lots of grazing.

And the bike belonged to his friends little girl :shake head:

He learnt his lesson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL Mick! Glad you are sort of ok :)

Mike has a very similar story on a pee wee 50, concrete driveway, no gear and, of course, BEER

Black and blue, nerve damage to his finger and lots of grazing.

He learnt his lesson.

:rof: :rof: ............................. No he didnt :D He like all of us men would do it again in a heartbeat , its the challenge of beating what beat us last time :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof: ............................. No he didnt :D He like all of us men would do it again in a heartbeat , its the challenge of beating what beat us last time :thumbup:

That was over 10 years ago. He's vowed NEVER to get back on a kids bike.

I neglected to say he also took half his face off at the time :spank: