Cracked Fender (New guy could use some help)

Singerco

Reaction score
Visit site
So starting my motorcycle experience I picked up a Yamaha FZ6 for a decent price. I was told it wasn't a good starting motorcycle simply because if I dump it, it will be painful, seeing as how the bike is in pristine condition.

Anyways about three weeks later I took a spill riding on gravel for the first time.

So whats the point?

Well the blinker popped out, but the wires were still connected so that reattached no problem

The aluminum got scrapped up and with some buffing it looks better but the scratches will always be there to haunt me.

The big problem here is I managed to crack the front right fender (Is that what it is called?) The black piece of plastic on the front right side of the bike.

I can post a picture if my description skills are leaving you still confused.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up a spare part that I could just bolt back in.

Thanks in advance.

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there. First thing make sure you clarify what year your bike is

Anyways step one you want to actually find out the OEM term used for the part you're looking for. Use this site...

Yamaha OEM - Cheap Cycle Parts

Clarify year, model and whatnot and search through the diagrams until you find the exact part you need and correct title for it.

Next decide if you want to buy it new OEM which can be expensive (if you do that use the above site, cheapest I've found so far) or go ahead and search on ebay motors parts and accessories section and/or post what you need on the Parts/Bikes wanted Forum on this site.(Post pics) And then be patient and keep searching for it.

Best of luck fixing your girl.

P.S post pics because I may have the part you're looking for if mine isn't already broken lol

Singerco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys thanks a ton for all your help

I can't believe I forgot the year, its a 04.

I also have a picture to put in here.

Its not a big crack but I really am a perfectionist and can't stand to have the fender cracked.

Also I made out fine. Have to get a new pair of riding gloves because I ripped them, and besides some scratches and bruises not a big deal.

here is the picture.
Forumbike.jpg

Singerco

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, yeah I'm still very very new to the world of motorcycles and I love it already.

I'm gonna make a post in the marketplace.

Thanks to everyone for their support and help.

See you on the roads!