• First design

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Second design

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
OK had some time today, and went ahead and changed some stuff with the seat cowl based on some suggestions from the old thread. First I added a ridge to negate the boxy look and kept it low profile to save the ability of using a tail bag. Second, I painted it yellow to show that seeing the seat under adds an aesthetic to the look. Keep in mind this is just a model to make a mold from so I can lay up a finished pieces in fiberglass or carbon fiber.
Here are a couple pics of design one.
View attachment 33499
View attachment 33500
Here are some pics of the new design with color.
View attachment 33501
View attachment 33502

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK had some time today, and went ahead and changed some stuff with the seat cowl based on some suggestions from the old thread. First I added a ridge to negate the boxy look and kept it low profile to save the ability of using a tail bag. Second, I painted it yellow to show that seeing the seat under adds an aesthetic to the look.
Here are a couple pics of design one.
View attachment 33499
View attachment 33500
Here are some pics of the new design with color.
View attachment 33501
View attachment 33502

Looks great, but the ridges on the sides bother my eye a little...just my 2cents, i would round the sides off, and leave the cantre ridge, but round off the centre ridge at the front of the cowl....

Love the Yellow, that is a great colour

:thumbup:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2nd designs looks pretty good. To echo some of the others though, the sharp angles look a little 'off'. Nice design though :thumbup:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I like the first one but I would defo mod the sides thus, I did it free hand so.:rolleyes: (I think thats what Wolfman was getting at).

attachment.php

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
2nd. See I knew that once it was yellow, the black seat peaking through would look great!! (some of us just have more vision than others! :thumbup: ;) )

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks really good so far, i would like it better if you could not see the seat on the sides but it still looks good.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
#2 looks fantastic. Makes me really wish my bike weren't black.

I plan on doing it with a layer of carbon fiber on the out side for some of them. That might look nice with a black bike. The inner layers will probably be fiberglass to save on cost since weight won't be really an issue.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on doing it with a layer of carbon fiber on the out side for some of them. That might look nice with a black bike. The inner layers will probably be fiberglass to save on cost since weight won't be really an issue.

Keep at it man, Rome was not built in a day, but you are a lot closer in getting this little "rome" built, than the rest of us....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: