Covered Bridge Tour?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also not the spirited rider I once was and enjoy a comfortable ride. I only push the bike in very familiar corners and never with traffic around. I'm just saving it all for a track day.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great...I'm in, the date again??

Vote in the poll, though I will warn you all, it may be out of my hands. A coworker needs a wedding photographer (hers bailed last week) and I offered my services if she can't get a pro at the last minute, and that is on the 12th.

As for pace, I will put that in here too.

As I have never led a group ride before, and since the purpose of this is a scenic tour, not a twisties run, it will be a moderate pace. I view moderate as slightly above speed limits (5-10 over). Enough to have a good time and move quickly while still not attracting unwarranted attention. It is newb-friendly, 2up friendly, and if you have buddies who want to go, that is fine too, as long as they aren't dill-holes. I prefer not to scrape my friends off the road, so I would appreciate gloves, jacket, helmet, long pants and shoes (not sandals) and responsible behavior (no wheelies, stoppies, etc). Due to the pace and the fact that we'll be making tons of potentially long stops, I am not going to recommend full leathers for anyone, though they are perfectly appropriate attire. Ride within your skill level. If at any time the group pulls ahead of a single rider, we will wait for everyone at turns, though the pace is a standard traveling pace for the areas we will be in.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting psyched about the covered bridge tour!:Flash: We'll be coming up 93N, where exactly is the Irving at Bow Junction (where I-93 and I-89 meet in Concord/Bow, NH)? We are thinking about grabbing a hotel near the end of the ride and heading home Sunday AM, any recommendations?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting psyched about the covered bridge tour!:Flash: We'll be coming up 93N, where exactly is the Irving at Bow Junction (where I-93 and I-89 meet in Concord/Bow, NH)? We are thinking about grabbing a hotel near the end of the ride and heading home Sunday AM, any recommendations?

Good questions! We're looking to possible stay Friday night so we are fresh in the morning. We're over an hour away from the starting point.

I figure any hotel in Concord ought to be close enough. It's a fairly small city.

Keira, perhaps a Google map shot of the actual meeting point? Thanks!!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there an actual address I can put into mapquest to figure out exactly where it is and how far from Newton, MA? Thanks.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Keira, what's going on with the covered bridge tour. We haven't heard much since you said you may need to photograph a wedding? Is the ride still on? :confused:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly, I'm out of it now:mad: However the next ride I will not miss (up north) have fun all, ride safe.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keira, what's going on with the covered bridge tour. We haven't heard much since you said you may need to photograph a wedding? Is the ride still on? :confused:

Yes the ride is still on!!! We are getting excited too, but have been very busy and not on the forum that much... Sorry... I'll get things going again. Also looking for a google shot of the meeting place.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there an actual address I can put into mapquest to figure out exactly where it is and how far from Newton, MA? Thanks.

BOW JUNCTION BLUECANOE
501 ROUTE 3A
BOW, NH 03304
(603) 228-6175
Hours: 24Hr

Exit 12S from Rt 93

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good questions! We're looking to possible stay Friday night so we are fresh in the morning. We're over an hour away from the starting point.

I figure any hotel in Concord ought to be close enough. It's a fairly small city.

Keira, perhaps a Google map shot of the actual meeting point? Thanks!!

if anyone is in town on Friday night (tomorrow) let us know and we will venture out for a visit, our place isn't huge, but if some of you wanted to swing by a grocery store and BYOM (bring your own meat/side) we have a grill and could hang out and play MotoGP on the Xbox 360...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think we're going to stay out there so we'll be riding in in the morning. I may be alone though because her school work comes first. If she doesn't have it done in the next two nights, she can't go. I *should* be there regardless. :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the final list of folks who are coming?

Quote and copy this from the person in the post prior and add your names:

1) Keira (Keira)
2) Rob (reiobard)
3)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Quote and copy this from the person in the post prior and add your names:

1) Keira (Keira)
2) Rob (reiobard)
3) Eric (FZ6inNH)
4) Michele (Mrs. FZ6inNH)
5)

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1) Keira (Keira)
2) Rob (reiobard)
3) Eric (FZ6inNH)
5) John (JohnP)
6)

I'll be there. What time? I'm planning on going to this free Riverfront Fest concert in Newbuyrport at 3pm, so earlier is better for me.

Here is the scoop on the concert if anyone else is interested:

WXRV - Boston, MA

This year's Riverfront Festival is Saturday July 12th from 3pm to 7pm at Waterfront Park in Newburyport! Don't miss performances from Blind Melon, Matt Nathanson, Needtobreathe and more!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1) Keira (Keira)
2) Rob (reiobard)
3) Eric (FZ6inNH)
5) John (JohnP)
6)

I'll be there. What time? I'm planning on going to this free Riverfront Fest concert in Newbuyrport at 3pm, so earlier is better for me.

Here is the scoop on the concert if anyone else is interested:

WXRV - Boston, MA

This year's Riverfront Festival is Saturday July 12th from 3pm to 7pm at Waterfront Park in Newburyport! Don't miss performances from Blind Melon, Matt Nathanson, Needtobreathe and more!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-northeast/5288-details-covered-bridge-tour-poll.html is the original thread and all the info John. You'll have to leave the tour less than half-way through though to make the concert. This tour doesn't look like it will wrap up until early evening and even then, it's a 2.5 hour drive for me to get back home. Whew!!! :D

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site

1) Keira (Keira)
2) Rob (reiobard)
3) Eric (FZ6inNH)
5) John (JohnP)
6) Chuck (Chuckfz6ryder)
7) Sandy (Mrs. Ninja Chuckfz6ryder)

We'll probably stay at the Days Inn too, we'll look for you, but we will be pulling in late (9:00-10:00)

I'm glad this didn't fall apart at the last minute. Ant_MB, I hope you get up here, but if not, enjoy DC.:Sport: