Cover for FZ6...

Jadon01

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to purchase a cover for my FZ...Does anyone have any recommendations..? (what size fits FZ6 best..?):don'tknow:

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Nelson-Rigg UV2000 in size XL. It's extremely lightweight but 100% waterproof, and balls up and packs away into its own little pack when not in use.

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
100_1668.jpg

This is a Covermax from Newenough.com

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Trackside Deluxe Cover. I used their lightweight cover for about 5 months and the sun here ate the lightweight nylon. The Deluxe is very heavy duty, has a built-in strap, and very strong elastic at the waist. The cost for the Deluxe is $74.95 from Cycle Gear. And if you buy one now you get a free lock! wOOt! :cheer:

Until we get the new house with a garage this cover is a very good one for a bike that is kept outside.

Oh, I have the medium and it covers the bike very easily with the taller Puig windscreen and the Corbin back rest on the bike.

Cycle Gear - TRACKSIDE Deluxe Motorcycle Cover: Deluxe Motorcycle Cover

Last edited:

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a Nelson-Rigg Deluxe All-season cover (Size Large - $48 shipped)

Nelson-Rigg Deluxe All-Season Cover : I want a motorcycle!

I need to get off my ass and take a picture of the cover on the bike. The size large covers the entire bike! If you have a trunk or saddle bags, I would recommend at least one size up.

The only parts exposed? The bottom of the sidestand, and very little of the front/rear tires. I will take a picture today and post it.

I haven't tested it in the rain - because I don't ride in the rain and park overnight in a garage. The cover is very lightweight material yet durable (hasn't ripped yet).

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
What about one that fits over an FZ6 with a trunk on the back?

I asked this a bit back and didn't get an answer. After a couple of failed attempts (all too small) I ended up with Motogear Deluxe cover in Touring size. It seems very durable compared to other covers I've had and it's a good length and height for the trunk but is a little slack around the rear wheel even when hooked in the middle. I intend to add an extra grommet or two the back half with a small bungie so that it will pull tight. Oh yeah - I have a 45L Givi trunk on the shad rack.

Will post pics after taking some. Link to cover:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Motogear-Deluxe-Motorcycle-Cover-Touring/dp/B000NNONWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1223052404&sr=8-1"]Motogear-Deluxe-Motorcycle-Cover-Touring[/ame]

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to purchase a cover for my FZ...Does anyone have any recommendations..? (what size fits FZ6 best..?):don'tknow:

Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 2000 Cover :cheer:
Size - Large

I bought it on-line:
Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 2000 Cover - Motorcycle Superstore

I have to store my FZ6 outside during the riding season. The large is an excellent fit. It extends to the ground on the front wheel and almost all the way to the ground on the back wheel (only about 3 inches off). I'd highly recommend the cover.

Last edited:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually use the really cheap, lightweight cover that Hellgate mentions. I usually go through one per year. I believe the one I have now is made by trackside, which is sold by cyclegear. I believe that it's a large and cost right around $30. I spray it down with a uv/waterproofing spray when it's brand new. I prefer these because the other, heavier covers take up too much space in my bag. I cover my bike during the day at work, too, so the cover always travels with me. When we get substantial rain I'll drag out the heavier cover at night. But, for the most part, my treated, lighter cover is usually fine. It's a good size and only the bottoms of the wheels remain visible when it's pulled on. I don't lock it.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know what you decide to go with! I'm also looking for a cover that will fit my '07 FZ6 w/ GIVI top case.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike lives outside and I have an Oxford cover for it. It covers the bike completely, reaches to about 2 inches off the ground. My only complaint is that if it is windy the crap can get blown up under it.

There is a company here that makes custom fit covers for bikes, check their site at Welcome to skinz.co.za

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
My CycleShell arrived today - less than 3 weeks from ordering it = excellent service! :thumbup: It's extremely well packed. I'll wait until I get daylight before I open it and put it up. I got the cruiser size since a) I want the FZ6 to fit inside easily, and b) I may get a cruiser later...

Pictures to follow when I get time.

Cheers,
Dave

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site