Corbin - I could SCREAM!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I waited four weeks, spent $628.00, and ignored my good friends on the FZ6-Forum and listened to the Corbin dude. 1st - The CF leather in matte is slicker than goose poo! 2nd - The damn seat doesn't latch!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!! The latch is too short and the catch doesn't grab it. :banghead::rant::Flip::(:mad:

And what is really p*ssing me off is the fact I've been on hold with Corbin for 15 minutes and counting!!!!!!!!

The good news, the Ohlin rear shock arrived today! Woo! Hoo! Oh, and the belly pan shipped today too!!! :rockon::thumbup::Flash:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch, I feel for you buddy. Slicker than goose poo you say, reminds me of a colleague that underwent a colonoscopy, he owned an Acura with leather seats.......... we just kept teasing him that he must have been slushing side to side on the way home from the excess lube, LOL.:D
Anyway congrats on the Ohlins, please post how you like it.:Sport:

W

wrightme43

Mine is real tight too. And it was used. I have to push really hard down exactly where the latch is, and I have to do that to get it to unlatch too. Hope it helps.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Send it back, get your money back, get a Rocky Mayer saddle or a Russell Day-Long.

It'll cost about the same and be custom made to your ass.

And if you don't like it, they'll alter it for free.

Fred

H

HavBlue

YOu have to add a couple washers....I and most other people had this problem too. Annoying for sure.

Just a thought but for $600usd I don't get annoying, I get something that works better than the original with no problems or my $600 comes back home.....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought but for $600usd I don't get annoying, I get something that works better than the original with no problems or my $600 comes back home.....

Exactlly - this thing should be PERFECT for the coin I spent.

Oh, still no call back from them yet. I was on hold for technical support for 30 minutes. I called back twice and told the nice woman who answered the phone that I needed to speak with someone and I was rather up set. So I got some dude's VM. They are in Cali and I left the message at 3:00 pm Pacific.

I am torqued!

Fred thank you, I'll look into that option. The key here, is do they make a back rest??? That was the whole point of this purchase. We both like the stock saddle.

Oh...put the Ohlins on this morning, took 45 minutes, fit PERFECTLY!!! And the ride two up is like butter! Smooth!

The Ohlins and the Corbin are about the same price, $628 and $710. For those prices I expect, and demand them to work perfectly. Ohlins does, we'll see what Corbin does.

Thanks for letting me vent! You guys and gals rock! :rockon:

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be the same mate. You pays your money - it should work first time and be perfect.

I'd have lost the patience by now and be sending it back for a refund :eek:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Send it back, get your money back, get a Rocky Mayer saddle or a Russell Day-Long.

It'll cost about the same and be custom made to your ass.

And if you don't like it, they'll alter it for free.

Fred
Sorry Fred,
Are you saying that they will alter Pete's Ar5e. Whats wrong with his bum anyway?

Nelly

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactlly - this thing should be PERFECT for the coin I spent.

Oh, still no call back from them yet. I was on hold for technical support for 30 minutes. I called back twice and told the nice woman who answered the phone that I needed to speak with someone and I was rather up set. So I got some dude's VM. They are in Cali and I left the message at 3:00 pm Pacific.

I am torqued!

Fred thank you, I'll look into that option. The key here, is do they make a back rest??? That was the whole point of this purchase. We both like the stock saddle.

Oh...put the Ohlins on this morning, took 45 minutes, fit PERFECTLY!!! And the ride two up is like butter! Smooth!

The Ohlins and the Corbin are about the same price, $628 and $710. For those prices I expect, and demand them to work perfectly. Ohlins does, we'll see what Corbin does.

Thanks for letting me vent! You guys and gals rock! :rockon:

Seat; oh dear. You can fogive things when they are cheap, but that is a lot of money.

Any pics of the Ohlins?