Corbin - I could SCREAM!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally got a hold of someone at Corbin, after I called and called.

Here's what they told me. The pan needs to settle a bit. So to help it flex I need to lube the rubber feet of the saddle up with dish washing soap. This will allow the feet to slide on the contact points, and in turn let the pan flex. He also said that until the pan settles I will need to shim the latch with a couple of washer. Hummm....

I need to look into the options that Fred listed.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally got a hold of someone at Corbin, after I called and called.

Here's what they told me. The pan needs to settle a bit. So to help it flex I need to lube the rubber feet of the saddle up with dish washing soap. This will allow the feet to slide on the contact points, and in turn let the pan flex. He also said that until the pan settles I will need to shim the latch with a couple of washer. Hummm....

I need to look into the options that Fred listed.

Hey Pete.... FWIW, more than half the people I know who bought Corbin seats had to shim the latch and it is in the FAQ at their site. It's not an uncommon feature of owning a Corbin. Two washers and you're done dude... go for it! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pete.... FWIW, more than half the people I know who bought Corbin seats had to shim the latch and it is in the FAQ at their site. It's not an uncommon feature of owning a Corbin. Two washers and you're done dude... go for it! :thumbup:

I know, I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. But I played hookey from work to sneak home, hoping I could just plop my new cool saddle on. Oh well...

But hey my super faster blue BELLY PAN arrived TODAY!!!! WOOO!!! HOOOO!!!

And it is all your fault FZinNH! If I hadn't seen the photos you and, I'm pretty sure is was Red Wasp posted, I would be $275 richer!

Photos to follow!

:Sport:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know, I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. But I played hookey from work to sneak home, hoping I could just plop my new cool saddle on. Oh well...

But hey my super faster blue BELLY PAN arrived TODAY!!!! WOOO!!! HOOOO!!!

And it is all your fault FZinNH! If I hadn't seen the photos you and, I'm pretty sure is was Red Wasp posted, I would be $275 richer!

Photos to follow!

Excellent! Sorry I flattened your wallet but you're going to really like it! It's all about looks cause I can't see any performance gain. :D Let's see the Corbin on there too! ;)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent! Sorry I flattened your wallet but you're going to really like it! It's all about looks cause I can't see any performance gain. :D Let's see the Corbin on there too! ;)

Damn Skippy it looks cool!!! That thing is totally bad ass and will make my bike 35mph faster on the top end!!!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit I did chuckle a little bit at this...sorry.

I just wondered which of the points you mentioned that you were suprised at.

The overall impression I get is that the corbin seat for the FZ6 is not that good. For cruisers Corbin make great seats.

There has been enough written about the FZ6 Corbin seat and you have just learnt an expensive lesson.

Sorry to read about it.

Steve

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit I did chuckle a little bit at this...sorry.

I just wondered which of the points you mentioned that you were suprised at.

The overall impression I get is that the corbin seat for the FZ6 is not that good. For cruisers Corbin make great seats.

There has been enough written about the FZ6 Corbin seat and you have just learnt an expensive lesson.

Sorry to read about it.

Steve

Yeah, I know, the back rest is the key here. Aside from Corbin and some Harley seat making dudes, it's hard to find aftermarket saddles that aren't touring saddles. Hence Corbin. I plan to beat on it tonight and see if I can get it to work.

I did sit on it for a bit and it felt good.

yamadavidson46

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problems with a corbin on my Triumph Sprint ST, I also bought it for the back rest for my wife. It rubbed the paint and was very hard to get to latch, when ridding solo I would take that it off because it wasnt very comfortable. If your thinking about returning it, the yamaha comfort seat is very good and I got it for $217.00 to my door from hollywood motorcycles. It also fits perfect.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice upgrades Hellgate. Sounds like you're trying to top what I've spent on my bike. I'm at about $6000 in mods. Where are you at now? I'm looking to fix up my front brake fluid reservoir and turn signal setup because I need to "re-street" my bike again.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice upgrades Hellgate. Sounds like you're trying to top what I've spent on my bike. I'm at about $6000 in mods. Where are you at now? I'm looking to fix up my front brake fluid reservoir and turn signal setup because I need to "re-street" my bike again.

Oh man I hate to add it up...

Exhaust - $675
Windscreen - $85
Pazzos - $140
ConvertiBars - $369
Top Clamp - Free (don't tell anyone)
Brake line F & R - $170
Fork Springs - $100
Fork Oil - $15
Ohlins - $710
Corbin - $625
PCIII - $250
Belly Pan - $275
LSL H-Bars, removed - $69
R1 Shock, failed - $75
Grips - $12

Total: $3570

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Stuff not on bike:

Saddle bags - $150
Tank bag -$110
Leathers - $300
Textile suit: 375
Helmet - $225
Glove - $55
Boots - $250
Baxley Stand - $175
Ramp for Truck - $120
Bike Cover - $40
Tools and Tool box: $500

Total: $2,300

Wife stuff
jacket - $225
Helmet - $395
Gloves - $50

Total: $670

Grand Total: $6540!!!!

Louis I HATE YOU!!!!!

Oh well....

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Grand Total: $6540!!!!

Louis I HATE YOU!!!!!

Oh well....

Hahaha...well...I think I lied, I'm well over $7000 into the bike maybe even $8000 (a bunch of labor hasn't been added, some parts I bought to make it "streetable" (headlight, 4 x LP turn signals, some misc OSH hardware). I'm thinking of picking up some convertibars and a Givi Top Rock and Case because I'm putting on about ~500 miles a week these on my R6S. No Givi hardware is available for it and I can pick up a used Givi set pretty cheap right now. I want the convertibars because I need to be able to lock the steering column in public areas.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha...well...I think I lied, I'm well over $7000 into the bike maybe even $8000 (a bunch of labor hasn't been added, some parts I bought to make it "streetable" (headlight, 4 x LP turn signals, some misc OSH hardware). I'm thinking of picking up some convertibars and a Givi Top Rock and Case because I'm putting on about ~500 miles a week these on my R6S. No Givi hardware is available for it and I can pick up a used Givi set pretty cheap right now. I want the convertibars because I need to be able to lock the steering column in public areas.

You will love the Convertis!!!!

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my list

Items already paid for:

Part USD Price Source
R6/R1 Fairing Set $ 325.00 eBay/CobraSkinz
Vortex Clip-ons $ 135.00 CycleDepot
R6 Forks $ 300.00 eBay
R6 Calipers $ 65.00 eBay
Galfer Steel Braided Lines $ 125.00 CycleDepot