Confession......

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you still get butterflies when you are gearing up for the ride. I am by default a very anxious person and no matter what I do, I always get torked up before my ride. Once I am on my bike, no problems all set.. anyone else? Bueller?

J

jsteinb95

What the heck.....how did I miss this thread?!?!

Anyways.....yes, I do. I too am ok once I get goin and after I stop for a break. New day, butterflies again.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those are a good thing, it means that you understand that what you are about to do is a very dangerous thing and you will treat it and yourself with the appropriate respect while partaking...

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, that was me too until this year. In early July we went on a trip to "Sportbike" a Rally in Parry Sound, Ontario. The roads were the twistiest I had ever been on and the trip took 10.5 hours one way. After that trip I realized that I can "keep up with the boys" ( I was riding with 7 Vmaxes, 1 FJR and one Ninja) There was nothing for me to get all stress-y about. Now I just have to get a handle on downhill sharp corners...they scare me!! feel like I am going to fall over the handlebars! (and gravel in corners make my heart skip):scared:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for that ... Yesterday and today (after lunch break) I rode my bike back all alone, I don't typically ride alone.. even though I have practiced picking up my bike and if something happened I am surrounded by people I know in my town that can come help... just checking with you guys to see if I am the weirdo hehe

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always think, is today the day, that i have the "big one", has got worse since having kids, in fact i stopped riding for a while after the first one, but then came to the realisation, that no matter what you have to "live" your life.

Riding my bike, especially Sport riding is the best stress relief i know, i feel at one with the bike, and my "environment".

But i must admit, i am a "bike gear freak" these days, will NOT get on the bike, in anything less than full gear, with all the protection i can get.

:thumbup:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Depends on the ride I'm about to do....go to work 3 miles away: eh, no prob

ride 400 miles on a lonely freeway and getting up to 153 (clocked on Tuesday!!!): then yea...i passed a trucker and minivan AFTER doing said "stunt" while waving my fist in the air and celebrating my new personal land speed record!

Twisties: depends if I'm with a group...I'll get butterflies after a hairy sharp turn and then have to refocus on technique.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nope.....I'm a \"weirdo\" too. :cheer:

BTW: Love the boxer.....he's CUTE!!! :thumbup:

That is Diesel, we adopted him after we had to put our K-9 dog down.. he is awesome as I am sure you know. He is a cuddle bug. Here is our other dog.. Turbo we adopted them separately and did not name either one..

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is Diesel, we adopted him after we had to put our K-9 dog down.. he is awesome as I am sure you know. He is a cuddle bug. Here is our other dog.. Turbo we adopted them separately and did not name either one..

Diesel and Turbo...:rof: those two were meant to be together!

J

jsteinb95

:hijack:

They both are beautiful.....I love the cropped ears on boxers....they look tough like that (I wish my boxer had cropped ears :( )

I've been looking for a female boxer to possibly breed with mine, but I don't know. I just love boxers!

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve been riding for almost 29 years now and I can’t recall ever feeling threatened. Started off with a 50cc at the age of 16 and I owned a 1000cc Eddy Lawson Replica in the mid 80’s. I upgraded to a R1 and now have an MT01 and my Fazer. I always remain mindful of my surroundings and I don’t take anything for granted. Stupid actions usually result in painful consequences, I’ve seen idiots screaming around our neighborhood at unprecedented speeds, hell one guy even ended up on a stretcher in front of my house; collided with a car backing out into the street. There is a time and place for everything in life. Best advice I can give is; spend as much time as you can doing track days, you’ll learn that your bike is more capable than you and operated properly there are very little inherent dangers.

FZ6-ZN

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you.. sorry for the hijack hehe

He did not come with the cropped ears, so at 1.5 yrs old I wouldn't crop them.

Turbo is really tall and long. He weighs 115 lbs. and is the biggest baby in the world.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful dogs! I have two as well and wonder how to get them both in a side car. Just picturing my dogs in goggles makes me laugh.

As far as butterflies... I haven't been riding that long but everyday for the past three weeks I have been commuting 20 miles on the I95 corrider between VA and DC... The day I don't have butterflies getting ready for that ride in the morning or afternoon is the day I call to get a ride home. As it was said I too feel they are a good thing and it reminds me to double check stupid things you can quickly forget when you are in a hurry.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did for a while after so many years away from riding but don't normally now. I sure did before leading my very first Meet though! I was like mother hen looking out for the chicks for the first half of the trip. Then I got too relaxed at the end and, well, that's another thread. :spank:

Only on the big trips now... daily commutes are mundane enough that I'm no longer worked up. Of course, this is over 5,000 miles since buying the bike on April 12th!

More rides Deb and you'll have less anxiety each time out. Like Rob said, it's a good thing... It keeps you alert, aware and at a heightened level of perception. Exactly where you should be on a bike! :thumbup:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Diesel and Turbo...:rof: those two were meant to be together!

Hehe yes, that is why we have them both. Turbo came 4 months after Diesel.. but when we were offered (begged) to take him, we could not say no. Our next pet's name (if we are allowed to rename them) will be Powerstroke hehe

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hehe yes, that is why we have them both. Turbo came 4 months after Diesel.. but when we were offered (begged) to take him, we could not say no. Our next pet's name (if we are allowed to rename them) will be Powerstroke hehe

:rof: and a cat named nitrous?

Sorry for the highjack lol thought it was too funny.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'mm different as well. I don't get nervous/tense really, I get shall we say... jacked up!! Jekly/hyde type thing, always alert though sometimes hyper alert!
I get into a totaly different zone, it is the singal best stress reducer for me along with my guitars...:D

Side note: Eric did great at the ride.... once his loving wife grabbed his hands and steadied them, we could all read the paper work;)