Coming to America

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks to the Aussie dollar being so strong against the us dollar at the moment and the fact i want a holiday and my sis lives in Minnesota .I'm coming to America for a couple of weeks plan on landing in los angeles and heading up to Minnesota from there. woohoo

My question is is disney land the be all and end all or are there other say less packed theme parks in the area coming from perth we have bugger all here and i have always wanted to go on a kick ass rollercoaster:thumbup:

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
cheers mate they look bloody awesome like i'm gonna die awesome

universal studios look cool

i have to make up my mind only going to be there for 2 weeks can't see the whole country in that time can't skip my sister that would be so rude or would it?:D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I grew up in the LA area, Im guessing you have never been out that way so I would say yes to Disneyland. If you like roller coasters, go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. If you have time Venice Beach is always good , you might see the guy that plays guitar on roller skates.
Joe:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you fly into LA, you might as well take advantage of Southern California and visit DisneyLand and Hollywood. Las Vegas is only a 45 minute flight or 4 hour drive if you get a car. You can fly to Minnesota very easily from Vegas. We are also very close to the Grand Canyon, two hour drive or 45 minute helicopter ride from Vegas.

Another forum member from down under Jules (Aussijules) did a very similar trip last year, flew into LA, did the California thing and then drove to Vegas. He got married here. You might want to get a hold of him, as he could tell you things that might save you some money. Like buying a cheap phone here in the states so he could make unlimited calls, etc.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
driving or flying to MN? if yer driving, I'd recommend old Route 66,
series of secondary highways from Cali to Chicago, then a short
hop up to MN...would take a while though, but you'd see a LOT of
the real America, hundreds of small towns, some fantastic scenery
and meet some awesome people, MN in the summer is beautiful,
and couldn't be more different than the Oz

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Note that THREE of the top ten coasters are in Sandusky, Ohio. If you are a coaster fanatic, then try to plan that into your trip. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you fly into LA, you might as well take advantage of Southern California and visit DisneyLand and Hollywood. Las Vegas is only a 45 minute flight or 4 hour drive if you get a car. You can fly to Minnesota very easily from Vegas. We are also very close to the Grand Canyon, two hour drive or 45 minute helicopter ride from Vegas.

Another forum member from down under Jules (Aussijules) did a very similar trip last year, flew into LA, did the California thing and then drove to Vegas. He got married here. You might want to get a hold of him, as he could tell you things that might save you some money. Like buying a cheap phone here in the states so he could make unlimited calls, etc.

That was fun! hahaha!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was fun! hahaha!

Yes it was!

VEGASSIGN.jpg

Mstrewar1, Aussiejules, Mrs. Aussiejules, Mrs. Motogiro, Motogiro & Vegasrider

Kudos for Cliff & Lisa making the 6 hour drive up to Vegas and Michael flying in from San Francisco for one night.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it was!

VEGASSIGN.jpg

Mstrewar1, Aussiejules, Mrs. Aussiejules, Mrs. Motogiro, Motogiro & Vegasrider

Kudos for Cliff & Lisa making the 6 hour drive up to Vegas and Michael flying in from San Francisco for one night.

"9" hahahaha - silly girl!

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks alot guys you have been more than helpful looks like it would have been a top wedding.
I am going to suss out about hiring a car from los angeles was going to fly to Minnesota
but that seems like more of an adventure distance is no issue nip up to Minnesota fly back to los angeles get on some kick ass rollercoasters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks alot guys you have been more than helpful looks like it would have been a top wedding.
I am going to suss out about hiring a car from los angeles was going to fly to Minnesota
but that seems like more of an adventure distance is no issue nip up to Minnesota fly back to los angeles get on some kick ass rollercoasters

Best way to see america is by driving, so if you have the time, go for it. FYI...when you hire a car, make sure you don't get burned on the One Way Drop off fee, as many companies require or prefer you to drop it at the same location you rented it from. Sometimes, you can arrange a killer deal if the location that you are renting from needs a car to be returned in the general vacinity where it came from. With GPS equipped with many of the cars, you really can't take a bad turn.