Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that sucks!

Where are all the Chicago forum members? Help a fellow member out, show him the town, go see a Cubs game, eat some deep dish pizza, etc.

Yeah help a brother out!

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Come on out! We see you behind the couch! Don't understand why it would take more than a couple of days to get a TPS. Well I hear you can get some good eats and there's cool stuff to visit there.

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
every shop ive contacted so far puts the sensor 3-5 days out. my front tire began blistering. there's also a little dry rot. im going in a minute to order a bt-021. 3 days also.
does anyone know offhand what the time and mileage limitations are for the tps recall, if any? i searched a bunch of threads couldnt find the answer to that. i also checked the sensor in diagnostic mode. 16 closed. 100 open. that was with the bike cold. i want to check it when its acting up. trust me im anxious to get back on the road.

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i heard from the shop yesterday. the tps needs to be replaced. plus they're going to fix a sprocket bolt recall. new front tire. i should be back on the road wednesday afternoon at the latest. unfortunately ive lost a lot of time. may have to take the i-80 for a stretch.:(

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my bike back today! new tps sensor. problem solved. also got a new front tire. feels so nice. changed the oil and the filter in the driveway. right before it began to rain. i'm excited to be back on the road tomorrow morning. looking forward to some twisties in south dakota, wyoming, idaho and so on. :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing worse than waiting to get back on the road. Have fun and ride safe.
Would love to go riding with you if you hit the S.F. Bay area. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my bike back today! new tps sensor. problem solved. also got a new front tire. feels so nice. changed the oil and the filter in the driveway. right before it began to rain. i'm excited to be back on the road tomorrow morning. looking forward to some twisties in south dakota, wyoming, idaho and so on. :thumbup:

Awesome! Now go make some miles! As they always say, head west.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Now that this "bump" on your trip is behind, enjoy your trip :thumbup:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed your jacket, I have the same one (I think) Cortec Tourmaster. I like it because it's warm and dry.

Stay safe on your trip, I would love to do a trip like that on my Yammie.. I look forward to your pics and tails. :thumbup:

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks everybody. im heading out in a few. weather's good for now. ill have new pics and such by the end of the day.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We're following you! Man! I'm glad I did the coast to coast trip. It was tough but well worth it. I sometimes would stop, put the side stand down, put my feet up, lay back and take a snooze. :eek:

Happy Trails!!! :rockon:

silverfoxc

Reaction score
Visit site
Spotted! Along a highway in Wyoming where we both happened to stop. (Hey man, found your thread!)

This is what coast-to-coast travelling sport bikes look like :)

Last edited:

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spotted! Along a highway in Wyoming where we both happened to stop. (Hey man, found your thread!)

This is what coast-to-coast travelling sport bikes look like :)

awesome. it was great meeting you bro. made it to cody alright. i found a two lane road, 431, nothing but me and nature. no cars for atleast 30 miles. talk to you later.

sorry i havent posted pics in a couple of days. got plenty to make up for it later though.

Last edited:

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey everybody. word of the day is EPIC. where to begin? one of the highlights of today was running into silverfoxc. i had just left the black hills on the sixteen. when i noticed a gsxr with luggage at the gas station. so i stopped to chat. turns out he is in the middle of a cross country trip from seattle to norfolk virginia. ironically that is where i originally took off from. i went to see the crazy horse monument this morning. turned out that this weekend is the weekend a year that the public can hike to the top. so i hiked 6 miles all together. It was fantastic. at the visitor center they were raffling off a custom chopper with a crazy horse theme. i couldnt buy the ticket at the time unfortunately. i know this post is worthless without pics. im charging my battery now. then ill photobucket them. and upload them later. Had a great day met some great people. Had an epic ride. :rockon:

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am now in eugene oregon. met some riders in bend, or. they suggested a route to eugene. highway 58. It was awesome. great turns. elevation changes. lakes mountains you name it. man am i glad to be back in the pacific northwest. unless you're on an interstate. you cant go wrong. im staying in eugene for the day. then ill be heading out to arcata california. which is my final destination. this has been quite the experience. if not for being stuck in chicago for a week. i would have had little more time to explore. some how ive managed not to be pulled over. oh the joys of taking state routes.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
@ 6a.m tomorrow morning ill be departing from jersey city n.j. my first destination is chicago where ill be for three days. then i im heading to missoula mt. from there my plan is to ride as much of the going to the sun road as possible. from there ill be on my way to california. specifically eureka. this is brief overview of my itinerary. im traveling on my own. therefore im willing to travel on different roads or change my route as i desire. im really looking forward to posting nice pictures for everybody. so i hope you subscribe to my post.

so are you moving out there?