Need route advice, Toronto to Denver, and???

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of GPS you have? You mentioned that it locked up? I have a Garmin Nuvi and it did that to me several times. I would have to charge it in my hotel room overnight wth the AC Charger and rely on the battery power. The 12v seems to disagree with my unit.

Nice Pics, but too much interstate riding:spank:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of GPS you have? You mentioned that it locked up? I have a Garmin Nuvi and it did that to me several times. I would have to charge it in my hotel room overnight wth the AC Charger and rely on the battery power. The 12v seems to disagree with my unit.

Nice Pics, but too much interstate riding:spank:

Garmin 2720, wouldn't boot past the splash screen unless I did a hard reset while connected to my laptop. When the power got cycled it would lock again. Problem with the 2720 is it has no internal battery, and I ran the power cable runs off switched power so as soon as the bike is turned off, the gps turns off. I've played with it a bit, but I'm pretty sure something's broken inside. Plan is to sell the Zumo and either get the 2720 fixed or buy a replacement 2720 or 2820. I like my prehistoric 2720 much more than the newer Garmin's.

Agreed on the interstate, but unfortunately that was a necessary evil to get out there in the timeframe I had. Good thing my 32gb iphone is loaded to the brim with music.