CO2 Question

cobalt

Cobalt '08
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a small tire repair kit with CO2 cartridges, I'm wondering if its safe to keep them under the seat next to the tool kit, or will this area become to hot?? What kinda temperatures can these withstand. I checked the literature that came with my order and didn't see this info anywhere.

W

wrightme43

I kept mine there during the summer no problems. Then again a cartridge blowing up under your boys could be bad.

Do you have a tank bag?

Also if you crack the seal on a cart. make sure you use it real soon, mine blew the gaskets apart and never worked right again.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Huh... if they did blow, you'd have your own personalized ejector seat. Maybe you could rig something so that if you ever saw an accident about to happen, you could flip a switch and shoot yourself in the air. :D

B

bluenova

I keep mine under the seat, it's the most practical and havn't had an issue yet. Can't say I thought about what would happen if they did go off, they wouldn't be strong enough to do any damage would they?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would think the manufacturer has designed the cartridge to blow out the nozzle plug if an overpressure situation occurs due to heat. I would not worry about anything exploding.

I bought the Slime Mini Compressor and installed the battery hookup and secured to the fairing mount out of sight. It fits under the seat with the toolkit and patchkit, but without the owners manual. I have it in a ziplock to keep moisture out.

Now if I get a flat or a slow leak I can do multiple inflates, whereas the CO2 cartridge is a one shot deal.

But I would not worry about carrying the cartridge under the seat, it will be fine and won't get too hot.

cobalt

Cobalt '08
Reaction score
Visit site
So I called the stopngo.com folks to ask 'bout this.
They said the cartridges are good up to 140 degrees F.
I'm thinking that under the seat isn't gonna work.