Clutch Switch

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, just plugs in. There are some pictures somewhere in this thread.

Here's some close ups

CORRECT POSITION

watermark.php

UNPLUGGED PICTURE

watermark.php

Hope these help

:)

Last edited:

Thbrtmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,
Thanks for the thread....I had the same issue... would only start in neutral. Did a "yamaha 2006 FZ6 clutch switch" search on the internet and found this forum. Thank you GMickey for the Picture...helped me find my switch and plug it in. Got the idea of what was wrong from the "testing shutoff procedures" from the manual didnt know where the switch was or what to look for. Thanks again for the info. Would have been a stupid mistake to take to a Yamaha service station for that...probably an arm and a leg. Now...I wonder if the guy before me had it unplugged for the whole 4400 miles he owned it since buying it from the dealer. Geesh!
Thanks again
:Sport:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some close ups

CORRECT POSITION

watermark.php

UNPLUGGED PICTURE

watermark.php

Hope these help

:)

Can I just say THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I bought my bike 2 months ago and last week it stopped starting in gear when the clutch was pulled in and kickstand up. I was about to spend my Saturday taking it into the dealer and having them fix it (since its under warranty) but i decided to first search the forum. 30 SECOND FIX FOR THE WIN!!!!!

MotoMartin

Reaction score
Visit site
The clutch switch function on the FZ6 is different to the clutch switch on many motorcycles - possibly that is why it is not being hooked up by the dealers. On a typical bike the clutch needs to be pulled in for the bike to be able to be started even if in neutral - if the clutch switch is unplugged typically the bike can be started with and without pulling the clutch in if in gear or not. On the FZ6 the bike can be started in neutral without the clutch in, but not when in gear, and if the plug is removed it will only start in neutral.
Most used bikes that I come across have the clutch switch removed (however on bikes with EFI - the computer thinks you have the clutch pulled in all the time and leans out the FI mapping - meaning it runs like crap).

Last edited:

Shak

Reaction score
Visit site
this switch is basically used in yamaha specification as all yamaha bikes could be started in gears
so by this switch it detects that the bike is in neutral or not
and if it is in neutral then it will start by self
and if in gear it needs clutch lever to be pressed before selfing the engine