Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got the KN clutch lever mod installed and been out for a quick blast , and it's a far different bike now .

Lighter on the clutch now and a lot better in start stop traffic , easier to manage the clutch and hopefully I shouldn't stall so much now !!

Massively impressed how KN 's mod has improved the bike :thumbup:

For those UK and it took about 5 weeks from sending out the parts to KN and the modded parts arriving ready for fitting , nice one :rockon:

Last edited:

Jon_PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
That's correct. I'm still have many blanks left!

Two questions...

1). Does your comment above mean you have spares and I could just order the parts for $70.00 ($50.00 + $20.00 core charge) without sending parts to be modified?

2). I searched this thread and it appears payment is done via paypal. If that's correct, is the gmail address of [email protected] the correct one to use?

Thanks,

Jon...

Hitman0223

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to buy the parts in a few days, do I just wire the $50 via paypal to the name in the post?

Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte NC 28262

[email protected]

________

Also do I just have the parts directly shipped to this address and wait to receive the modded ones?

Thanks

Hitman0223

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the parts then sent them out to KN using the above address

Then sent $50 via paypal , remembering to say what my username is on the forum and also had sent out the parts , then sent KN a pm just saying I had sent out the parts , paypal and just to confirm my address .

Waited a few weeks and the parts arrived :rockon:

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, after about 6 months of riding with Killernoodle's clutch mod, I never get tired of how nicely it drives! (I'm using it in the notch that provides the most leverage. And I'm a senior rider, with slowly declining strength in my wrists.) Much, much larger friction zone. A good bit less effort to pull in the clutch. And I installed a new clutch cable at the same time I did the mod, to fully optimize the clutch action. I'll never go back to stock - I hope this mod lasts forever! Thanks again Killernoodle. I'm rootin', tootin', just having a blast.
- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle.

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my parts from bike bandit. Made a paypal, gonna send em in the mail in the next week or so. Been waiting to do this for a loooooong time.... :)

Villin07

Reaction score
Visit site
Please make more, I stalled in oncoming traffic today! Let me know.
Thank you!
Cheers

I just ordered parts, should have them to you in a week! It is really awesome you do this Killer Noodle!
Thank you!

Last edited:

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Killernoodle,

I never get tired of saying how much I like this mod! Every time I get in a situation where the clutch has to be feathered, like on the uphill launch at the end of my cul-de-sac, I get a big SE grin. Ya just gotta luv how wide the friction zone is on the 4th hole out from the pivot point. I've been riding this mod all summer, and it makes me smile many times every ride.
- - - Jim

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Same - I honestly reckon this is the best mod for the Fizzer, and should be the first thing a new owner does.

Just think how many times you pull your clutch in, on a ride - and if you get this mod, each and every one of those clutch pulls will be easier, and more progressive.

Thanks KN!

Cheers,
Rick

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all - Update:
I want to first apologize to all the guys who have been waiting a long time for their levers. I know I've been terrible with the communication and equally terrible at keeping my supplies up. :spank:

First I ran out of the chromoly tubing I use to make the extension on the hanger, then I somehow lost the plastic washers I use to isolate the swivel part, then I managed to melt the entire plastic jar of flat black powder coat that I use to coat the parts, rendering it useless. Between this, and starting my awesome new career, my car being broken, and being out of town for a couple of weeks, I haven't been able to ship these things out in a timely fashion. That being said, I have 7 completed levers to ship out tomorrow. I do not, however, think I can keep this endeavor going for the near future, so for the time being, NO MORE ORDERS PLEASE. Those of you who have already sent paypal and parts will certainly get your parts made and shipped out ASAP.

I really appreciate having the opportunity to do this for you guys, and I hope you guys understand that without the massive peer pressure, I wouldn't have kept making these. Quite honestly, I haven't even ridden my poor fizzy this year. She has been basically wasting away in my driveway needing new fork seals, tires, chain, paint, and some electrical work. :disapprove:

Maybe I can start this up again this winter if another group of people want to jump in. And if someone is a decent fabricator, knows how to tig weld, has a few tools (lathe, tig welder, grinder, BFH, etc), and has a lot more free time than I do, I wouldn't mind giving away the jigs, tools, and the cad drawing for the lever blank for someone else to take the reins.

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
:jawdrop: Holycrap! I got in just in time then!!! Sent money and parts last week! Let me know (if you can) killer if you have the parts, got the payment, and have any idea when part will be back at me. Don't really care how long it takes as long as I know that you got my end of the stuff. Thanks.

truckdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update KN, looking forward to getting my parts on the bike. Congratulations on the new career.

I have some friends who are talented hot rod and motorcycle fabricators, I'll ask them if they would be interested in taking on this project.

Jeff

haraiianpunch

Reaction score
Visit site
DAMN! Just got my FZ last week, noticed the crappy friction zone, and read about your solution being the only fix.
Should have PMd you sooner...

Hopefully someone else can take on this endeavor soon. I need this fixed!

truckdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Parts came in the mail yesterday, they are going on the bike today. But wouldn't you know it, my battery decided to crap out.

Very nice quality on the parts.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I received mine yesterday as well, the quality of workmanship is first rate.
Best of luck on your future endeavors and thanks again. :rockon:

Ken