Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Fedex said they delivered my parts to me, they left it on my door step. Problem is it wasn't delivered to my house, I never seen the truck or anyone come to my house!! I called fedex and they said they will contact the driver and get back to me in 24 to 48 hours!!:spank:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another successful install! I started to take the airbox out to get to the middle adjustment, but luckily didn't really need too. The Pazzo's adjustment seemed to be just enough (at 6). :cheer:

Only rode up and down the street to test but the clutch pull is a lot easier. One of the gripes I had with the FZ6 in the city was clutch pull. In traffic it sucked. This is a huge improvement... Plus the parts are quality kit. Thanks, Killer!

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
The Pazzo's adjustment seemed to be just enough (at 6)...

Unless your pazzos are different from mine, the pazzo's adjustment doesn't affect the cable free-play adjustment. The pazzo adjuster just allows you to move the lever in or out for a comfortable reach with your fingers. The master-lever and mid-cable adjusters allow adjustment of the cable free play, which is supposed to be set to allow the end of the clutch master lever to move from 10 to 15 mm before the clutch release shaft starts to release the clutch.

attachment.php

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed my parts today! I could not ride it, but just moving the bike around my driveway, I could feel the difference, with more "feel" to the clutch than before. Great job Killer noodle and I can't wait to give it a full test!

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed my parts today! I could not ride it, but just moving the bike around my driveway, I could feel the difference, with more "feel" to the clutch than before. Great job Killer noodle and I can't wait to give it a full test!

Got you part in today discgolfdude, I'm going to weld it up tonight.

I'm still waiting on cores from you guys, I haven't received a single one yet. Remember, I'll refund $20 to you if you send in a core!:BLAA:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Got discgolfdude's lever shipped off today. Turnaround time is next day guys, so if you want to send in your levers, I can mail it back the day after I get it in.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey killernoodle i kno im a little late but im interested...i think those parts r still on back order on some of the sites....did u get some of the cores back from the other members??? if u did let me kno send me a pm asap so i can send u over the money! thanks :D

fenderfreek

Reaction score
Visit site
I sent you $70 a while back hoping some people would get some cores sent in, but it doesn't look like many folks are on the ball with that. Can you refund $20 and I just send you the parts off the bike?

Edit: I just read back and saw that discgolfdude is sending one in. If there's no one else ahead of me in the "paid" line, I'll wait on him, then get my old parts out to you.

Last edited:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I sent you $70 a while back hoping some people would get some cores sent in, but it doesn't look like many folks are on the ball with that. Can you refund $20 and I just send you the parts off the bike?

Edit: I just read back and saw that discgolfdude is sending one in. If there's no one else ahead of me in the "paid" line, I'll wait on him, then get my old parts out to you.

You're the first (and only) person officially in line for a core. There is another waiting behind you but hasn't paid yet to secure his spot.

If you want me to refund you $20 and you send your parts in, I can have them turned around and on its way back the next day. Depending on how long it takes in the mail, you'll be rolling within a week.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
It appears some people are having problems with a stiff cable after doing the mod. It is possible that the act of removing the original cable bracket allowed the cable routing path to move and introduce cable bind and therefore stiffness, so I'm going to record a video and upload it to youtube this weekend of how to install the cable to prevent binding so the lever pull is smooth and light.

Shoey

Reaction score
Visit site
It appears some people are having problems with a stiff cable after doing the mod. It is possible that the act of removing the original cable bracket allowed the cable routing path to move and introduce cable bind and therefore stiffness, so I'm going to record a video and upload it to youtube this weekend of how to install the cable to prevent binding so the lever pull is smooth and light.

Hi Killernoodle,

Problem solved on my end! I took your advice in an earlier reply and disconnected both ends of the cable to check for friction. It actually felt relatively smooth except for a slight 'click' that was always in the same spot. If not for that click, I wouldn't even suspect a bad clutch cable.

While skeptical, I still I went ahead and ordered a brand new one. After installing it just today, I can't believe what a difference it made. The little plastic piece at the end of the cable at the handlebar side was crumbling to pieces from the pressure it was subjected to.

Of course, with the extended lever, it is better than it ever was.

While it is possible that it was a routing problem, I reinstalled the lever three times before replacing the cable, so I doubt that was it.