Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind guys, if you ordered the parts and sent them to me, I'd be happy to buy your old stock parts from you when you put the new parts on the bike. The parts are about $20 on RonAyers, so I'd refund $20 if you mailed your old stuff back to me.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
took a quick look at it tonight... How are you guys getting the levers off?
I know I can figure it out on my own but I'm being lazy!

You need a pair of circlip pliars to get the circlip ring off (or a pick and small screwdriver if you want to fiddle with it for a while). then just pull it straight up.

Just spread the ring out and pry up one of the legs if you don't have the pliars, then just work the entire clip out of the groove.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
You need a pair of circlip pliars to get the circlip ring off (or a pick and small screwdriver if you want to fiddle with it for a while). then just pull it straight up.

Just spread the ring out and pry up one of the legs if you don't have the pliars, then just work the entire clip out of the groove.

AHHHH fudge, sounds like the fiasco with the starter on my snowmobile that ended up costing me $500 in the end for a 15 cent part lol.

I'll get er off once my possible nice ride day is gone tomorrow and possibly start stripping the bike down for a new paint job.

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
be advised, its a good idea to put a finger over the top of the circlip when prying it out to avoid its sudden departure into an unknown area of your garage. thats a lesson learned many times over...

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
More to the point, what toolbox puts cash in the mail?!?!? :spank: :rolleyes:

Bonehead--

I did--the envolope was insured. My paypal was hacked--checking too. You're an admin, and a reasonably thoughtful person, so think, then think again.;)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Geez, someone can't take a little ribbing this morning. I figured 'toolbox' was a tame/humorus enough term. Guess not. But hey, at least Noodle now knows who sent it! FTW!

Insured or not, sending cash in the mail just aint a good idea dude.

The U.S. Postal Service says you should never send cash in the mail.

"You always want to make sure that you send either money order or checks, because we'll make sure that it gets home or where it's supposed to be going, and we discourage you to send any cash at all," - U.S. Postal Service

Hey Noodle - I might have my original clutch slave lever in my parts box. I'll have a look tonight and if I still have it I'll send it to you.

Last edited:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Geez, someone can't take a little ribbing this morning. I figured 'toolbox' was a tame/humorus enough term. Guess not. But hey, at least Noodle now knows who sent it! FTW!

Insured or not, sending cash inthe mail just aint a good idea dude.

Thanks for the PSA. I guess I could have sent a cashier's check...Who doesn't like getting a green in the mail?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks for the PSA. I guess I could have sent a cashier's check...Who doesn't like getting a green in the mail?

I do what I can. :thumbup:

Green is good! In Canada a $50 bill is nice and Red...err, pink, well sort of a pinky-red hue. Apparently whoever makes our bills up here really like Monopoly....

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the lever blanks from the CNC guy, they look fantastic! Its amazing what a water jet can do.

I'm going to get started working on the first batch of levers this weekend.

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the lever blanks from the CNC guy, they look fantastic! Its amazing what a water jet can do.

I'm going to get started working on the first batch of levers this weekend.

I ordered the part yesterday so i should get early next week. I will then ship it to you. You should get it before next weekend if that works for you?

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
The 6 levers and hangers that I got are all welded up. I'm going to road test one from the set to make sure everything is lined up right.

Next stop: blasting and powdercoating.