Clutch Perch

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I installed the FZ8 clutch perch after doing a naked conversion, but I no longer need this perch for mirror mounting. Does anyone know someplace where I can buy a new stock clutch perch (2007) as when I was removing the original one, a bolt sheared off inside the perch and can no longer use it. Right now I have the FZ8 perch without a mirror screwed into it... Looks strange haha.

I have searched many places online, and all that I see for sale is the whole assembly (lever, perch, bolts, etc.). All I need is the perch itself - I have everything else and am not really interested in spending $60+ when I'm sure the one part is closer to $15. Thanks for the help!

Zack

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Hey,

I installed the FZ8 clutch perch after doing a naked conversion, but I no longer need this perch for mirror mounting. Does anyone know someplace where I can buy a new stock clutch perch (2007) as when I was removing the original one, a bolt sheared off inside the perch and can no longer use it. Right now I have the FZ8 perch without a mirror screwed into it... Looks strange haha.

I have searched many places online, and all that I see for sale is the whole assembly (lever, perch, bolts, etc.). All I need is the perch itself - I have everything else and am not really interested in spending $60+ when I'm sure the one part is closer to $15. Thanks for the help!

Zack

If the bolt sheared off in the housing, you can still get the piece removed. The most common way to do this is with an 'easy out'. That's a device that bites into what remains and screws it 'out' instead of 'in'. You usually need to drill a small starter hole in the bolt, to get the easy out to 'bite'.

It might take some penetrating oil on the threads to get it to come free.... it might simply take a smack with a punch to break the threads free; I'd try the easy out first, then get more serious.

If you cannot get it on your own, a machine shop can certainly do the work for you for much less than $50. I'd be amazed if they charged you more than a ten spot.