Clutch hiw to remove basket

In 1st gear the rear tire rotates about hand length to take up slack. It sounds a lot the same minus the tap sound.

Drain the oil and remove the oil sump. Look for parts in the sump!

1) HOW LONG HAS THIS SOUND BEEN PRESENT??
2) DOES IT JUMP OUT OF GEAR IN 1ST OR 2ND IF ACCELERATED HARD???

Im the second owner of that bike. Had 2 session and was since the first day. Doset jump and accelerating nice:) just the start is with clunk.

Good for u scott :) i guess u also drive like my grandma:)
Wasn't bearing for sure it somthing else, to find out need to look deeper and i will but bot now before trip to Spain! Hop will make it if not then on the way there will find out whats wrong :) adventure...? Right?

To Finalpact.
Yes when is switch from N to 2nd dose not jump but is kind off bounces but it stays in 2 ND

So I was thinking about this today, and sticking with my dog clutch theory, I wonder if a bent shift fork is keeping 1 set of dogs close enough to be touching but not engaging, If that were true, I would expect the noise to go away in 1 gear, when the bad dogs engage.

OP, there will ALWAYS be some back and forth slack and noise, even in a normal transmission. Does the problem get better in any gear? If so, which 1?

^^ but that doesn't really explain that noise.

Notice the main shaft item #1 with its gear. Item #31 is first gear and it is in direct contact w/the gear on the mainshaft. This removes a layer of back lash.
So that leaves the clutch dog #29 to output shaft #16 as the two suspect areas for this extra play and noise. Both are very stout as 1st gear is wider and more robust for shock load it must sustain.
I dont see it as possible but perhaps the machined recess in first gear is opened up but Im positive it would pop out of gear if this were the case.

Bare minimum, pull the pan and look for chunks. If nothing is found, go from there.

They all make noise. But few if any make that noise!

I get new oil and Is much quite and bit so much that clunk happening only when acceleration hard on 1 gear. On second and so on ther is no clunk at all just can feel on 2nd gear from N some jump on gear level but its doset jump out from the gear. So only 1th gear gives that clunk noise!

I get new oil and Is much quite and bit so much that clunk happening only when acceleration hard on 1 gear. On second and so on ther is no clunk at all just can feel on 2nd gear from N some jump on gear level but its doset jump out from the gear. So only 1th gear gives that clunk noise!

Can you make an audio of this...

IS THE CLUNK DURING ACCELERATION
OR IS IT WHEN YOU LET OFF AND THEN ACCELERATE AGAIN????

Video tomorrow. Its when taking off but was only once since new oil, when accelerating hard is clunk on 2,3,4 and up nothing. When clutch is on lever im holding and still having 1st gear then accelerate up and down is clunk clunk clunkc every each time when rpm goes up but not loud !

Oil is Motorex 10/40 from switzerland it like blue color? Old oil? Hmmm black and yesterday i was changing and cleaning engine with fuel and after i was looking for some pieces of still or so. Nothing was found. The first when I change after I bought the bike? Cant remember how it was. But ther wasn't anything heavy will hear it.

[video=youtube_share;Ttw-8kECk8Q]https://youtu.be/Ttw-8kECk8Q[/video]

Here is the sound from my bike

Becsuse we are not there;
Do the following.
Center stand bike.
Engine off, trans in 1st gear.
With a heavy cloth pin the drive chain to the top rail of the swing arm so IT DOES NOT MOVE!!! Do not allow the chain to move!
Gently rotate the rear wheel forward and backwards but do not allow the chain to move from your grip.

What do you hear and HOW FAR does the rear wheel rotate (if any).

My thought is your rear hub is assembled without the drive cushions!!! Possible?????

Im so sorry:)
What should i do with chain with heavy cloth pin ? Hold it ? How? Somehow on top? And then rotate the wheel? The heavy cloth pin will holds? It's English now or just not understanding:)

Last edited:
Im so sorry:)
What should i do with chain? Hold it ? It's English now or just not understanding:)

He wants to check if you have play in the rear wheel hub, forward and back.

Hold the chain so it DOESN'T MOVE, rotate the rear wheel forward and back and check for play in the sprocket and rear wheel itself..

Basically if the sprocket does not move AND the wheel rotates, the rubber cush drive cushions are missing from your rear wheel.

Confirm the sprocket and wheel always move as a pair!! There should be NO wheel movement unless the sprocket moves with it.

I think item #8 is missing from your hub!
rearwheel.gif

Tomorrow i go for it.
Also its time to change the rear tire so then can look in side if is all ok! Will make some pic.
Thanks guys

Last edited:
Back