Clutch hiw to remove basket

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check that Ball BEARING!!!!
Its under load AND pressure when the clutch has to slip.

Its under load only but doesnt have to slip/spin so it 100% suspect! It would be quiet in N. Testing is 30 secs....

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
Will check it out.
So u think that bearing its doing puk puk when the clutch lever in. Its only in move and when giving throttle.
Waiting for new parts. After will make video

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Will check it out.
So u think that bearing its doing puk puk when the clutch lever in. Its only in move and when giving throttle.
Waiting for new parts. After will make video

That bearing, when the clutch lever is pulled in, has to carry all the load against the clutch springs..

You should be able to feel if its smooth turning, loose, etc... They have failed in the past but with a dragging clutch-not fully releasing..

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
Scott. Before we start Friday drinking...
Why this sound is only happening when the bike or the back wheel is in movement? Its clutch behaving differently?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I mentioned this like 3x...
look at that small bearing in the top hat #7 in the drawing / clutch cover.

Clean it and do not oil it. Hold the outer race firmly and push on the inner race as hard as you can AND rotate the inner race. IS IT SMOOTH???

Also, spin it with a light load on it. Hold it by item 8 and spin the hat item 9. Is it noisy or quiet?

If noisy and rough, it is likely your noise!!! Replace it!!!

It takes longer to explain WHEN it makes noise than to clean it and test it. But if it makes noise when the clutch is being used it IS the weakest link and has failed on several bikes!!!!

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
Front bearing has not smooth rotation. Can feel like is moving on those small balls. Is that normal?

Aslo what i note is that when i releasing clutch lever from Disengaged and im preparing my self to go then is also Puk, but when before releasing clutch lever from Disengaged first i push bike to front and then i starting Disengaged is no puk but when i stop and push bike 1 miter back and Disengaged clutch again then i get puk.

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
Had home same bearing brand new and is same like the old one, so i don't think that will be bearing causing the problem. The problem its only when im on 1th gear ( never check if is on 3 or 3th gear)
Must be somthing with gearbox plus clutch because only then is in move. Also only when im starting to move or im already in movement. Never when i stop.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, then pull the engine completely apart...:disapprove:

I don't know why you asked for help if your blowing it off. :confused:

Compare a bad bearing to another bad bearing.. Have at it, your chasing your tail..

Un-subscribed from the thread..

Good luck.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Clearly there is content lost in communication, but to help you you have to answer as many of the questions as possible. Not answering the questions means we have no direction and/or no facts. That means there is doubt or uncertainty. We can not solve your mystery without facts.

Go back and answer all of the questions asked. And if you assemble this and ride it, post a video or something.

Good luck!

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
[video=youtube_share;FDWmxiadQuo]https://youtu.be/FDWmxiadQuo[/video]Still waiting for new parts ( bearing) then we will know more. I did make the video today and thats is the clunk noise.
99% has to be this!
Scott come back! Im not the ignorant!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, that's a completely different noise.

Can you get the chain off the rear sprocket (and then the front sprocket), and duplicate the noise rotating the front sprocket alone?

Trying to isolate and make sure its from the engine...

Prior to this noise, did you do anything out of normal riding, burnout, wheelie, drop the bike, ANYTHING?

Last edited:

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, that's a completely different noise.

Can you get the chain off the rear sprocket (and then the front sprocket), and duplicate the noise rotating the front sprocket alone?

Trying to isolate and make its from the engine...

Prior to this noise, did you do anything out of normal riding, burnout, wheelie, drop the bike, ANYTHING?

Sure i can. But I doned when i was changing the chain and sprocet and was same sound so is not coming from the chain is like in the middle of the engine becouse there is no clutch yet.

You think this is not normal? Happening on all gears its like u reach one end and u get clunk and then back end and clunk.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure i can. But I doned when i was changing the chain and sprocet and was same sound so is not coming from the chain is like in the middle of the engine becouse there is no clutch yet.

You think this is not normal? Happening on all gears its like u reach one end and u get clunk and then back end and clunk.

Communication issues here..

Are you saying the noise started AFTER A CHAIN AND SPROCKET change?

And no, it's not normal...

defected

Reaction score
Visit site
How to explain:)
Its like between gear is empty space . Its like two walls and once u hit one on front or other one on back. So when u start driving u hit front wall and is keep going without noise but if u stop and u start driving again u hit that that wall and u get clunk. Its only from starting driving. I go out make better video now!

Last edited: