clutch friction zone?

studerman1

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just a fz6 thing that the clutch engages at the very end. I would prefer it being in the middle any way to change it?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't that what the killernoodle mod does? I haven't done it, but a ton of positive reviews on here.

Nope, the KN mod (when available), simply moves the cable out farther (with the lower "lever").

That simply makes the friction zone wider, it does not bring the lever closer. If anything, with the wider friction zone, it
would make it harder (less room) to play with the cable adjustment

The zone is tight stock BUT, once used to it, faster, clutch shifts are possible..

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, the KN mod (when available), simply moves the cable out farther (with the lower "lever").

That simply makes the friction zone wider, it does not bring the lever closer. If anything, with the wider friction zone, it
would make it harder (less room) to play with the cable adjustment

The zone is tight stock BUT, once used to it, faster, clutch shifts are possible..

I have the KN clutch mod , I did it for smoother take offs in 1st with the missus on pillion - I was well used to the short friction zone riding solo- i reckon the blunt take off is great! I dont think i could go back to a sloppy clutch

Scott is spot on about the lever to grip distance you can get some variation withcable adhustment but variable levers like pazzos is the most versatile way to change grip/ lever distance with a properly adjusted clutch cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk