Closet storage ideas?

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Since i moved in with my g/f i had to sacrifice alot of closet space but i gained a garage which ive never had. I need to or rather WANT to keep my gear in the garage like jackets, helmets, pants etc. I was curious if any of you have any ideas or might want to post(show off) what you might have crafted in your garage to give me some ideas before I go to lowes or home depot. :rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my lil nook, helmet, jacket, gloves (rain gear, bike cover off to the right-also hanging);

The hangers for the helmet/jacket is just bent aluminum, the glove "holder" is simply bent coat hanger that fits in the end of the lift. There's space for another helmet above mine (look close you can see another hook), same for the jacket..

Double click to enlarge

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to or rather WANT to keep my gear in the garage like jackets, helmets, pants etc.

I would suggest getting an overheard storage rack, like the pic attached. And since you're in NY and won't need your gear in the winter, I would get some Ziploc storage bags to keep the dust, dirt, and and other crud off the gear while in storage.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I would suggest getting an overheard storage rack, like the pic attached. And since you're in NY and won't need your gear in the winter, I would get some Ziploc storage bags to keep the dust, dirt, and and other crud off the gear while in storage.

Thnaks for the ideas guys. I was thinking of maybe getting something like this and covering it with a plastic to seal it in. I dont mind riding in Winter as long as there is no snow on the ground. At 62 bucks its not a bank breaker, I still have easy access to it which i want, and i can probably even make something similar for cheaper.

840985000059.jpg

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thnaks for the ideas guys. I was thinking of maybe getting something like this and covering it with a plastic to seal it in. I dont mind riding in Winter as long as there is no snow on the ground. At 62 bucks its not a bank breaker, I still have easy access to it which i want, and i can probably even make something similar for cheaper.

840985000059.jpg

Check out Target. I picked up a portable wardrobe for ~$40, and it is designed with a cloth cover.

Something like this Honey-Can-Do 36" Portable Storage Closet : Target

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Check out Target. I picked up a portable wardrobe for ~$40, and it is designed with a cloth cover.

Something like this Honey-Can-Do 36" Portable Storage Closet : Target

the one you posted (20 bucks)I have seen but it would not be able to handle the weight of 4 heavy duty motorcycle jackets as well as riding pants and what not so I ended up buying the steel one i posted with a canvas cover from amazon. It was on many sites but not in stock in stores. Thanks. ;)

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
This is what I have now and its great i have to say. Zips up to keep the bugs out and is steel to boot, can roll, and is very light.