Clip-on Conundrum!

Reaction score
Visit site
SO I've read all the threads here discussing CBR 1000 xx clip ons, and purchased a pair of 2006 CBR 1000rr's off Ebay. Arrived yesterday and found they won't appear to fit. As I understand it, our bikes (07 FZ6) have 43 mm fork tubes, and it appears the CBR's clip ons are designed for 51 or 52 mm tubes. Obviously, I'm showing my motorcycle inexperience here, so I'm reaching out for some help Please don't turn this into a "shoulda bought an R6" discussion. Where did I go wrong? ARe there clip on options that some one has a link I can pruchase from? (I've seen some discussed but had trouble finding...) :confused:

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

FZ ROWE

Reaction score
Visit site
You bought the wrong clip ons. You need a set off a cbr 1100 xx Blackbird not the 1000rr Fireblade. The blackbird has 43mm clip ons . Just sell the ones off the rr and pick up a set off a xx.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
You bought the wrong clip ons. You need a set off a cbr 1100 xx Blackbird not the 1000rr Fireblade. The blackbird has 43mm clip ons . Just sell the ones off the rr and pick up a set off a xx.

+1

I'm in the process of doing this same mod, the CBR1100xx Blackbird clip ons will do the trick. Found mine on Ebay.