check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If the story were true (not saying it isn't), do you really think someone with a "serious" medical condition would just get up and walk out????

ya i do, ud be surprised how people are willing to almost die to avoid being sent back to their country of origin. believe that.

but upon reading it again, the original post i mean, it is a joke, and i would tell it in front of an illegal mexican immigrant, and he would probably laugh too, therefore it passes the racism test. but if the joke was coming from a guy named jim-bob with beer on his breath and a few teeth missing im sure it would be considered extremely distasteful because most people would agree jim-bob's rationale in thinking the joke was funny would be based on a lifetime of hate-filled experiences. thats all i was getting at. the joke is funny. im going to steal it in fact. but because racism is such a serious problem sometimes people can be sensitive to it because they experienced racism themselves and when coming from people they think might be racist they can be very sensitive to it.

i should reiterate here that i have every faith the original poster isnt racist. in fact i doubt that he is.

all that aside, i say.....WOOT!!

J

jsteinb95

ya i do, ud be surprised how people are willing to almost die to avoid being sent back to their country of origin. believe that.
Well, that sounds like a personal problem.
but if the joke was coming from a guy named jim-bob with beer on his breath and a few teeth missing
why does his name have to be Jim-Bob? why can't his name be Tyrone or Jose?
i should reiterate here that i have every faith the original poster isnt racist. in fact i doubt that he is.
:rof:

S

sportrider

As i said, the appeal of the joke depends on your perspective. As to the joke not being racial, I disagree. The undertones of the joke are inherently racial (I use that term loosely as Mexican is not a race). I pose this question: would the joke be as funny to you if the affected group (the butt of the joke) looked like you, spoke like you had the same cultural or racial background as you or your parents or grandparents? The joke is only funny if it applies to people who are very different from you.

-Keits
I think you need to lighten up!!!
it was a F-ing joke. and yes I do laugh at "white" jokes ever hear of Carlos Mencia, Dave Chappel, Chris Tucker? I supposed there jokes are not funny either, or there not "racist" because there not white. people have become far to sensitive to everything. P.C. politics have taken over what used to be common sense. NO I'm NOT A RACIST I do have sense of humor. and Illegal immigration is a problem(seeing how this thread turned all serious) maybe you feel it doesn't directly effect you or you don't care. before you spout off and say something so stereotypical take the time to talk to someone who has migrated through the legal channels. it takes time money and commitment to become a citizen of the United States. there is a sense of pride when the words "I'm an American" are spoken. so why do you think that someone who broke the law and came here Illegally should get some kind of preferable treatment??? legal citizenship takes longer then it should because of all the "undocumented workers" (Illegal Aliens, no matter where there from) slowing the system. not even to get started on the tax burden they cause. (how can someone pay there dues if they don't legally exist?) America is a cultural melting pot, the country was founded on it. I have no problem with Immigration (or migrating to the U.S. if done through legal channels) this is the place where if you work hard enough and dream anything can happen. but to sneak in the back door and take what you haven't earned is wrong. would you feel the same way if someone came into your property and stole electricity from you and left you holding the bill? well it happens everyday here.(figuratively not literally) so when taxes are raised or the wait at the "emergency room" is longer, just sit back and enjoy it because if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

once again the "origanal post" was just an E-mail I received and thought it was funny, I posted it to share a joke not start a phylisophical debate on the problems in the world. not everything should be taken in offense. as Carlos Mencia says " if you can't laugh at yourself and those around you..."
well watch and tell me you didn't laugh

Last edited by a moderator:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not likely. My job requires citizenship. And don't mistake my distaste for the joke as lack of understanding of the very complicated social, economic, cultural, law enforcement and national security issue our nation faces with millions of undocumented aliens living in this great country.

I'm so tired of the term "undocumented." Situationally for the OP's post, it is not complicated. In fact it is very simple: The country has laws. Some people break them and some people don't.

Laws can and do change at times. Good luck with that.

Btw, my gf is in serious jeopardy of getting having to leave the country because her H1B is almost up. Harvard grad school and adding loads of value to our society but the gov won't let her stay while she does things legally (years of applications and thousands of $). I have no pity for illegal aliens in terms of their want to stay here.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, that sounds like a personal problem.
why does his name have to be Jim-Bob? why can't his name be Tyrone or Jose?
:rof:

ok his name can be tyrone but he has to be 550 pounds and has to use words like "ya'll" and he HAS to be wearing blue coveralls with one suspender undone. Jose? if anyone accuses a guy named Jose to be racist against mexicans then that person is smoking some good stuff.

and i dont get the last :rof: bit, i must be missing something?

and it sounds like a personal problem? well if i told you that you had to go back to a life where you had it so bad you needed to escape in order to provide your children a life worth living....you would put your own personal well-being on the backburner. i dont think that is a personal problem at all. i think it an entirely natural response of a rational person being confronted with a tough decision in a tough situation. it is very easy to just brush it off if you havent lived through it first hand or know someone very closely who has.

we have it very easy here, when we have to work a 14 hour work day 4 days in a row we bitch and moan about it unless we get paid 3 times the hourly wage. and if the water stops working omg life comes to a screeching halt. so when these people are coming here there are a lot of very intense human emotions that need to be dealt with in a respectful manner.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so tired of the term "undocumented." Situationally for the OP's post, it is not complicated. In fact it is very simple: The country has laws. Some people break them and some people don't.

Laws can and do change at times. Good luck with that.

Btw, my gf is in serious jeopardy of getting having to leave the country because her H1B is almost up. Harvard grad school and adding loads of value to our society but the gov won't let her stay while she does things legally (years of applications and thousands of $). I have no pity for illegal aliens in terms of their want to stay here.

my family spent 7 years and over $100,000 fighting for my step-dad's right to live here. now its done and he's settled but WOW it was a BITCH of a time. so i hear where youre coming from. we did it legally and it was TOUGH but it worked out in the end. but some people do have very tough situations they are facing. my step dad was in it for my mom he had a very affluent background in india so even if he had to go back he's pretty rich over there too so it was all good. but it was for my mom we fought she had worked her whole life, hard time as a single mom etc etc etc and now shes old and lonely.

but if the person has HELL to go back to, and he's willing to go illegal to stay here, i wont hate on him. he is making the SAME decision you would if you were in his shoes. he doesnt have a harvard degree to fall back on, and he's not getting sent back to the UK or france or something. he's going to an undeveloped part of a semi-developed country.

so to compare your harvard grad girlfriend to Juan Farm-Worker is not fair. apples and oranges imo.

H

HavBlue

It's what America is becoming!! I bet when his job gets taken from him and given to a illegal he'll give a damn.

Are you serious? If the individual is illegal there is a very good chance the job they are doing is unskilled, which means that person is very likely to be doing something you and others wouldn't dream of doing to make a buck. In the Imperial Valley, which is near to where Sportrider lives there are hundreds of people picking the very food you may be putting on your table. The same holds true for the central valley areas of California as well.

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
This is ridiculous! How is this "NOT appropriate" for the forum? It was just a funny e-mail that we received. There was no race mentioned!!!!

J as I said before:
"But Keits, the joke doesn't say anything about mexicans or latino's"
Correct. But its implied and everyone understands that that is where the joke is going. Otherwise, Wrightme's "La Migra" comment would not make sense.

Your right. My comment was insensitive. Thats my fault. I am a a$$ sometimes.
If you were offended, I apoligise and will edit it. I do not want to make you uncomfortable.

Yes it was obvious what it was about. Illegal immigration in this country is overwhelmingly from Mexico, and central America. I have a good friend that is from Guatemala legally, and I would not of said that around him, so I am wrong.

Wrightme, thank You! But I was not critisizing you nor do I think your comment was particularly insensitive nor were you an A$$ in any way. My point was that there is a definative insensitivity directed towards latino's that is implied in the joke. You simply picked up on where the joke was going.

H

HavBlue

(how can someone pay there dues if they don't legally exist?)

That's easy, the money gets deposited and we (the IRS) has to chase things down as there are literally millions of dollars each year that get deposited for undocumented workers in the form of trust fund moneys. Now, if you come up with an answer for that one please write the US Treasury IRS as we would be very interested in knowing the answer as it would save us hundreds of man hours in investigation.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
carlos mencia has his good comedy bits lol, but a lot of his stuff is pretty cliched imo. this ones classic tho:

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-q58YWgBcE&feature=related[/nomedia]

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
NO I'm NOT A RACIST
Sportrider, If you re-read my post hopefully you will realize that I was not calling you racist.

it takes time money and commitment to become a citizen of the United States. there is a sense of pride when the words "I'm an American" are spoken. so why do you think that someone who broke the law and came here Illegally should get some kind of preferable treatment??? legal citizenship takes longer then it should because of all the "undocumented workers" (Illegal Aliens, no matter where there from) slowing the system. not even to get started on the tax burden they cause. (how can someone pay there dues if they don't legally exist?) America is a cultural melting pot, the country was founded on it. I have no problem with Immigration (or migrating to the U.S. if done through legal channels) this is the place where if you work hard enough and dream anything can happen. but to sneak in the back door and take what you haven't earned is wrong.
I agree with you. I never said any of this tho.

but I'm not defending "illegals" or those who disregard the established legal process to enter and remain in our country. I'm speaking to the racial (again loosely defined) undertones this joke embodies. The joke does not "poke fun" at any or all "illegals" it singles out people with an ethnic or cultural commonality.

would you feel the same way if someone came into your property and stole electricity from you and left you holding the bill? well it happens everyday here.(figuratively not literally) so when taxes are raised or the wait at the "emergency room" is longer, just sit back and enjoy it because if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

once again the "origanal post" was just an E-mail I received and thought it was funny, I posted it to share a joke not start a phylisophical debate on the problems in the world. not everything should be taken in offense. as Carlos Mencia says " if you can't laugh at yourself and those around you..."
IF I was defending illegal aliens your point would be well made. But that was not my intention. My original goal was to try to get you to recognize that the joke does have racial implications. In no way was I calling you racist tho. It appears that most that have responded to my original post don't see that my discomfort was related to the racial nature of the joke and that I am in no way defending illegals.
Sportrider-I understand that you just thought it was a funny joke and didn't mean it to be anything more than that.

Lonesoldier: thank you for putting in writing what I was having trouble doing. I never thought Sportrider was racist. I thought it was likely he just didn't recognize the racial undertone to the joke he posted. I'm black, african american and not latino. I'm a cop. I deal with illegals (typically mexican) more often than I would like and know well the social and economic issues faced by them and caused by them.
Jokes by Mencia and Chapelle are very funny but in their cases you know the source, the intention, and the mindset behind the joke. In real life, often you don't know the intention or mindset behind a joke. I will admit that my initial reaction to the joke may have been a little extreme and I apologize. Though I don't think that the points that I have trying to make have been incorrect. I do believe that in an awesome open forum like this one that attempts to include and welcome people from a wide range of backgrounds that we must be careful of what we post or at least don't be suprised when something offends one person but not another.

H

HavBlue

I do believe that in an awesome open forum like this one that attempts to include and welcome people from a wide range of backgrounds that we must be careful of what we post or at least don't be surprised when something offends one person but not another.

Here Here, I couldn't agree more......

Thanks,
Charlie

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
i know the truth of this statement better than most and in an ideal world you would be right. Unfortunately we don't live in that world. The logistics of finding, housing then returning to their nation of origin the millions of aliens is nearly impossible. There are hundreds of thousands of children who are american citizens who were born here when their parents were illegal. What do you do with them? How do we as a country go about determining who is illegal and who is not? Yes there are ways established now but they are inadequate. We do not live in a police state. Should we require every citizen to have federal ID and check for it regularly? Even when stopped by the police and an individual is determined to be illegal, the infrastructure to remove them from the country is woefully inadequate.
Do we as a country of wealth have any moral obligation to assist an individual (adult or child)who if returned to their country of origin will face certain starvation and death?
I am not PRO illegal immigration by any means and I do not have answers to any of the questions I just posed. As I said before, I do know and understand the drain on society illegals can cause with higher taxes, crime, overburdened social services, overburdened educational systems etc. I'm just saying that it is by no means a simple situation with simple answers. I do believe that our borders need to be secured and don't understand why the money has not been invested in doing so.

H

HavBlue

I wonder how much the illegal alien helps the economy? They pay rent or own homes, they buy food at the same grocery stores we do, they probably have cell phones and pay the bill, they use old taxpayer ID numbers and actually pay taxes, social security and such in many cases, they buy gas, cars and bikes, send their kids who may actually be US citizens to school and who knows what else they may do to contribute. Not every illegal alien is a gang member and what are you going to do with the children of the illegal alien when you attempt to send their parents back wherever? The kids are US citizens if they were born here.

Status
Not open for further replies.