Cheap Brake/clutch levers

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine were black and are getting more bronze every day. I used to keep them under cover at work, but have since been kicked out of where I used to store and now have to bring my cover in with me. This means if I need to bring anything bulky with me into work my bike doesn't get covered. :(

It actually really pisses me off that such a nice looking and reasonably priced item is let down by not being US-resistant! What retard sourced the anodizing process they use. :confused:

Is it possible to re-anodize them? No clue how much that would cost though.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. Mine are great. Still as black as the day I got them. I ride every day in sun, salt and rain. However, the bike is stored under a cover when I'm at work and in a garage when I'm at home so it only gets about 90 minutes of sun a day. The only reason I use the cover at work really is so stuff won't fade in the sun. I'm not bothered about it getting wet! :)

Mine were black and are getting more bronze every day. I used to keep them under cover at work, but have since been kicked out of where I used to store and now have to bring my cover in with me. This means if I need to bring anything bulky with me into work my bike doesn't get covered. :(

It actually really pisses me off that such a nice looking and reasonably priced item is let down by not being US-resistant! What retard sourced the anodizing process they use. :confused:

How long have you had them? That sucks. I guess some things you can buy the cheaper versions, others you need to spend the money on Pazzos etc. If it wasn't for the colour fading, would you have been happy with them?

Last edited:

darkstofknightz

Reaction score
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone else had ordered from rideitmoto and if they had any success/issues with their levers. I ordered a pair from them the other day and I'm hopping they have a better/different anodizing process and they don't bronze out.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Anodization

Why should the anodization be resistant to the United States? :Flash:

(I assume you mean UV resistant.) Anyways, sometimes, it's not the sunlight that gets the anodization. I installed a meziere electric water pump on my Trans-Am, and it had a nice black anodized cover on part of it. Well, after about a year, it turned to a deep shade of purple... :eek: Since it's hidden under the hood, there's no way that the sunlight is fading it, but something happened to it.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
How long have you had them? That sucks. I guess some things you can buy the cheaper versions, others you need to spend the money on Pazzos etc. If it wasn't for the colour fading, would you have been happy with them?
I'm still happy with them. The bronzing isn't awful - it just doesn't match the all-black scheme I was aiming for. If I ever get around to getting any other bits powder-coated I'd take the levers to bits and throw them in too.

Either way, I would never buy Pazzos or ASVs etc. Although they are obviously better, I decide in my head how much happiness something will bring me and how much that is worth. Then I won't pay more than that. EG I love the lazer quad exhausts - but I'd never buy them new. I love the TCP seat cowl, but I wouldn't buy it new. Luckily I recently got a cheap second-hand one on Ebay I will paint, so I'm happy there.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Anodization

Why should the anodization be resistant to the United States? :Flash:

(I assume you mean UV resistant.) Anyways, sometimes, it's not the sunlight that gets the anodization. I installed a meziere electric water pump on my Trans-Am, and it had a nice black anodized cover on part of it. Well, after about a year, it turned to a deep shade of purple... :eek: Since it's hidden under the hood, there's no way that the sunlight is fading it, but something happened to it.
Yup. I meant UV. I keep my bike under cover a lot and the colour stayed black a lot longer than other people's have done - so I assumed it was the sunlight!

leetaylor742

Reaction score
Visit site

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry to dig up this thread again - just ordered another set of cheap levers from ebay - very cheap so will see how they stand up when they arrive... got the silver/black adjusters (shorter version)...

I ordered levers from the same person on ebay. They took about 9 days to get to Newfoundland, Canada! Which I thought was extremely fast. I have had stuff take way longer to ship when coming from within Canada. Here are a few snaps:

leetaylor742

Reaction score
Visit site

Well received levers - 6 days from HK to UK very suprised to find parcel at the weekend!

Fitted no filing needed fit perfectly - i've never used ASV or Pazzo levers so dont have any comparison but can say they are much nicer than the standard ones - hopefully as I got silver and black I wont have any of the bronzing problems others have had with cheap levers!

Cheers
Lee

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

Yup. I meant UV. I keep my bike under cover a lot and the colour stayed black a lot longer than other people's have done - so I assumed it was the sunlight!
I can now unfortunately confirm that it is the sunlight that bronzes the levers. I've had my bike out all day in the sun for quite a while at work as the weather was unreliable and raining in the morning and hot in the day. I couldn't tell if I should use my breathable or my waterproof cover, so I used neither!

My girlfriend was playing with my reach adjusters and I discovered that the levers were black where they were covered up by the adjusters. Pics below:-

darkstofknightz

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set of levers from Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers , and I'm pretty happy with the results, It looks like they make a great product. I went with a actual website (they responded to all my questions pretty quick) in the event that something happened, I would have a website rather than a ebay seller that might not be here next week.

As for the anodizing problem I was browsing around and found this thread, Black anodized parts fading - Non-UV cause . It seems crappy sealing + prolonged daylight source = disappearing color.

killbill

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set of levers from Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers , and I'm pretty happy with the results, It looks like they make a great product. I went with a actual website (they responded to all my questions pretty quick) in the event that something happened, I would have a website rather than a ebay seller that might not be here next week.

As for the anodizing problem I was browsing around and found this thread, Black anodized parts fading - Non-UV cause . It seems crappy sealing + prolonged daylight source = disappearing color.

yeah. I got one from them also. fast shipping 4 days to my door. :thumbup:

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah just got my levers from rideitmoto yesterday and put them on today went on easy and seem to fit and work fine. Also got the free grips with them so far i like them as well

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the same levers, I'm very impressed by the build quality, but the finish wore off after only a couple weeks in the elements. I didn't even ride the bike and this happened!!!

So I did the only natural thing, I sandblasted the "anodized" coating off (it blew off way too easy, paint and powder coat takes a lot more to remove with my blaster) and hit it with some powder coat. It looks greyish and spotty in the crappy cellphone pics, but they look fantastic in real life. I can count on the powder coat too, the last levers I powder coated were solid for 4 years of riding.

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the same levers, I'm very impressed by the build quality, but the finish wore off after only a couple weeks in the elements. I didn't even ride the bike and this happened!!!

So I did the only natural thing, I sandblasted the "anodized" coating off (it blew off way too easy, paint and powder coat takes a lot more to remove with my blaster) and hit it with some powder coat. It looks greyish and spotty in the crappy cellphone pics, but they look fantastic now. I can count on the powder coat too, the last levers I powder coated were solid for 4 years of riding.
Nice! Makes me jealous. :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So I did the only natural thing, I sandblasted the "anodized" coating off (it blew off way too easy, paint and powder coat takes a lot more to remove with my blaster) and hit it with some powder coat. It looks greyish and spotty in the crappy cellphone pics, but they look fantastic now. I can count on the powder coat too, the last levers I powder coated were solid for 4 years of riding.

Nicely done!
I've had mine for over a year now.. the finish still looks good :don'tknow:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicely done!
I've had mine for over a year now.. the finish still looks good :don'tknow:

They must have started slacking recently. Mine looked fantastic when I first got them, but after only a week or two sitting outside they looked like that. Its like someone touched all the parts and everything that was touched just washed right off.

Thorak

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the cheapest ebay levers, I think I paid about $45. I haven't installed them yet but I'm pretty impressed with the material and build quality. Not so impressed with the assembly though. All four bolts had to be tightened or it would move up and down the hole.

Fearing color fade I got silver ones (for my silver bike), but with red adjusters. Let's just see how long they will last.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is an old topic but I've had my levers for about a month and they are great beside the wiggle they have in them but when I ride I don't notice the vertical slack, but on the front brake the pivot part not the lever itself has turned brow. , I didn't use and chemicals on it just changed really fast, I tried to email 2wheels but just over a month still no response anyone know jot to get into contact with them?

View attachment 46168

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same issue with mine. I had contacted them and they said they'd send me a new piece that was faded. After not receiving it for over 2 months, I wrote them a few more emails, but haven't received a reply.

I recommend that people do not give them any more business - I realize they are cheap, but obviously this is a common problem, so just send me the replacement part and keep good customer service.

whatayagonnado...