changin' tires woo hoo (pics)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
mounting and balancing the tires myself saved me $90.00, changing three sets yourself is like getting a fourth set free!!!

oh and speaking of the flip flops, thats a California thing you wouldn't understand. (lol)
:Sport:

So how much did the tires cost with tax?

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on changing my stock front tire very soon with a Dunlop dual compound road smart. Has anybody heard much about these? The guy I bought my bike from had a rear one put on a week before I bought the bike... so I hope they are good because I don't want non-matching tires!

I planned to do it myself but am unsure how to balance it well... The last time I changed the tires on my BMW K75 all I did was make sure the dot was opposite of the valve stem and it seemed to ride as smooth as ever.

Did you just put your front tire back on and spin and adjust, spin and adjust, etc?

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a Dunlop Roadsmart 120/70ZR-17 for my FZ6 over the phone from Motorsports International in Charlotte, NC. Oddly enough I found their add on craigslist when searching for that tire (to replace the stock front since I've already got a 180 Roadsmart on the rear). Their price for the front was only $104.99 + 10 for FedEx shipping to TX.

I told the guy I'd put their name out there because they are fairly new and trying to expand. They can get anything and everything you need! And I've found all their prices to be better than most others! Give Doug a call toll free at 1-866-492-8618 for all your cycling needs! Or if you're local you can call 704-208-4071:rockon:

Do me a favor and tell him Jonathan Painter sent you. I'd be forever thankful:thumbup: