cases on fz6 2007

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys,

i am a new owner of a fz6 and i am looking into the possibilities into expanding my bike with luggage equipment.
I would like to know what's "on the market" for side/topcases on a fz6 and am interested to see how you guys and girls tackled this issue and why you picked your setup. (pics are always nice... ;) )

If this was already discussed in another thread, feel free to direct me to it...

Thanks !

Jelmen

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys,

i am a new owner of a fz6 and i am looking into the possibilities into expanding my bike with luggage equipment.
I would like to know what's "on the market" for side/topcases on a fz6 and am interested to see how you guys and girls tackled this issue and why you picked your setup. (pics are always nice... ;) )

If this was already discussed in another thread, feel free to direct me to it...

Thanks !

Jelmen

I think the common topbox and sidebox is givi/Kappa.. another would be hepco.. might want to do a search on givi.. should be able to fit quite alot of thread and pics as well.
Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys,

Lots of brands, I'll just mention Shad and Givi (because I have some of each.)
I picked Shad for my top rack and top case because I liked the look of the rack better than Givi, and I believe the Shad rack and top boxes are a little less costly. I picked Givi for my side cases for similar reasons, I liked the look of the Givi sidecase rack better than Shad, and the Givi rack with E21 cases was quite a bit less than the cheapest Shad alternative. (To be fair, the cheapest Shad set-up had more storage, but I liked starting out low cost. I can always get larger cases later if I find I need them. Here is a picture of the above on my bike:

attachment.php

Thanks !

Jelmen

Luggage is one of the most popular topics, if you search you will find lots of discussion.

Last edited:

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the replies, guys.

the main reason i made this thread was because everywhere i looked, i only found givi cases, and personally, i don't think they are the most beautiful ones out there...

the touring thread gave me a lot of inspiration on alternatives !

D

Deleted member 17211

Shad cases which I'm hoping to order within 24 hours. :D

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
I chose Givi E41's because they had significantly more weight capacity than the Shad cases I liked the looks of better. Shad says 5kg for their case load capacity. Givi was 10kg. 20kg vs. 10kg is quite a bit of difference to me.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
shad is the route i went for my top case... sh46 came out really nice and i couldnt be happier with it... i have soft luggage tankbag/tailbag/saddlebags so im set for any camping or touring trips now...

shad will also work with any aftermarket exhaust set up as where givi requires the stock exhaust mount points... so that was another reason besides the great price that i went with shad... however neither work with the tcp seat cowl that i have seen so i will have to switch between the two when i go to the track...